How many black men are decent and not the ghetto nor violent types?

I'm wondering because there is this black guy in my school. I've noticed he seems interest in me but I try to keep the conversation short and give an excuse to leave quickly when school's over.

He has asked me out once and I made an excuse. I think he is cute and seems ok (actually noticed he does well in school too... slightly higher than my 3.60 gpa; I was surprised to be honest) though but I'm keeping my distance.

A female cousin and an aunt had a black bf in the past but they had to break up quickly; one for being a cheater and liar and the other for showing early aggressive tendencies such as getting in her face, cursing like a sailor and yelling or punching a wall. Then comes Chris Brown and other black men in the news.

Thing is I wouldn't mind dating any guy from another background but black guys are the ones I'm a bit leery about. Yet, he is cute. I like him but I'm not sure.
If not that... then I also tend to hear they can have trouble with commitment too and end up cheating.

Most Helpful Guy

• This has to be a troll question. Why would someone ask a group of people online, on whether a guy's behaviour is a certain way or not. You are the one that sees him on a daily basis. You should be able to figure out if he's ghetto or not. LOL

Thats like me asking random people online on whether my crush is a Kung Fu fighter on not, since she's Chinesse.

Also No! not all black people are "ghetto" the same way not all white people are rednecks or all hispanics are illegal immigrants or all Asians have a 200 IQ rating.

• Meant to say "Chinese". I don't know what the hell a Chinesse is.

What Guys Said 7

• Dude.
    The Nigga moment is a joke.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhgwy9y5ttA

• do whatever man. tbh im getting tired of peoples inability to not generalize black guys on here. date him, ignore him... whatever makes you happy...

• It's that they appear on the news faster than men of other races when it comes to domestic violence (Chris Brown, Ray Rice, etc.). I do want to get to know him though.

• The media does a great deal of filtering to be honest. You see what they want you to see.

• @hardcoeur

and it seems like people take the bait 9 times out of 10 on here -_-

• The majority of black men aren't ghetto or gangsters its juSt the media and rap videos that would have you believe otherwise

• I hope not. They tend to appear on the news so fast that sometimes it scares me.

• The vast majority of all people are good, decent people. But being good and decent isn't Fox Newsworthy.

• Fox newsworthy? Really? Oh I must've missed all those other news stations that report on people being totally normal and not doing anything wrong

• I have met a lot of black people and the majority were fine much the same as any other race.

• Yet, they appear on the news for domestic violence so fast... more quicker than men of other race.

• Actually they appear for domestic violence the least it's normally white dudes that are on the news for that and rape

• Media prejudice

• you know how many white guys kill themselves or their girlfriends over stupid shit. I don't know your prob trolling bc if your serious then you are a moron

• i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-add-text_15.gif

21 years old
    Lived in the legit hood my whole
    No criminal record
    Beat all odds
    Enuff said

What Girls Said 7

• @Asker The fact that you actually believe that all black men are the problem in America amazes me!!! You need to stop feeding into all of this filtered sh*t and start going out into the real world and start judging from your own eyes. This is really sad. I'm out!

• He probably doesn't want to date a racist. Try finding a guy at the next klan meeting you go to.

Who raised you?

• There. Are. Plenty.

• Just wanted to say why do you need other people's feedback about black guys instead of actually trying to get to know them. Honestly you need a mind of your own and stop being superficial and ignorant.

• White people can be thugs and violent too

• Um I don't know a lot

Wow. Maybe be around some preppy nerdy kids.

• what's wrong with being ghetto? I find ultra conservative people to be uptight, and close minded

• Ghetto is basically everything wrong with this world right now and it has nothing to do with being conservative. You can be not ghetto and not conservative

• But ghetto comes in all colors, it's not even close to just being a black thing