I keep hearing that both girls and guys have higher expectations for looks. Who do you think has higher expectations?

I think it's women. Guys generally go for whoever but since girls have high standards they see their partner or others partners as less attractive. I've seen a lot of couples and I've never seen a gorgeous girl with a guy who had my looks. They are usually with a better looking guy than myself who people would still consider is not as attractive as her. What do you think? Who Is more pick? Also most guys would date any average girl but don't ask every girl because they would seem desperate.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think women, but men put a higher value on looks then women. It sounds contradictory but I know no better way to explain it.

What Girls Said 6

• Guys. Guys care more about looks, girls care more about personality. I've never seen a hot guy with an unattractive girl. But I have seen beautiful girls with not so good-looking guys.

• Most couples tend to stay in their league though

• Isn't that only true for the cocky fit guys who only care about looks anyways. You can say the same thing about girls

• Expectations are not gender-specific. It really depends on the individual at hand.

• This is true but I just wanted people's opinion about the general trend.

• There is no specif general trend that I have seen. It's more or less equal in both genders from what I have come across.

• True I pick based on personality. I can tell when a girl is more physically attractive but that usually doesn't interest me as much. I usually will only find interest based on how they carry themselves, speak and specific things I might hear them say. There is usually a girl that stands out everywhere I go.

• Actually it depends. If you're attractive then naturally you want someone else is who is also attractive. If you are unattractive you are more likely to settle for someone who is also unattractive.

• Guys, because they are more visual but there are also girls who have high standard.

• I think some girls have more expectations. but not all girls have those expectations.

• I feel the same way. My family the females always go based on looks. I'll them look on dating sites for me and they even have high expectations for the girls too.

• I think guys
    . . .

What Guys Said 11

• Guys, definitely. That's why it's so hard to attract women. Looks? ... hit the gym, dress well and look after yourself. Problem solved. But that will not get you laid either. You have to be a certain personality to attract the girl and the more power you have the better.

• My girl is beautiful as fuck and I'm ugly af haha but I think males are more picky but lets face it if a woman who has an amazing personality.. there's no going back..

Some women's personalities could suck in stars and galaxies you'll have no choise to get sucked in

• I think it mostly depends on the person. I've heard some talk about how there are more attractive women than men if that influences this topic, but it's hard for me to really know due to not finding guys attractive.

• Most women have higher expectations. As they get older they lower there expectations.

Most guys have lower expectations its when they get older that they make them high.

• I think women have higher expectations

• Of course men.. women are naturally more emotional than men. Men are more Physical so appearance is important cause were easily stimulated.. women want more of a mind feeling

• This is going to sound sexist but fuck it... A man shouldn't be judged by appearance. He's a man he should be judged by character, if he can provide, what his life plans are. A woman on the other hand should be judged by their beauty.

• Are there any reasons for that?

• So it being a tradition is the justification?

• @cavmanier from a traditional justification and common sense are what drove this comment. Even from an employment perspective Forbes recently reported that before women were employed were judged on look primarily. Before being considered for a promotion most to all were tall, slim beautiful and youthful. Those who weren't took double the time.
      While men on the other hand were judged on their intellect.
      Yet again this information is backed up by FORBES itself.

• both... it's not gender-specific.

• I agree I just wanted opinions of the general trend.

• Females of course. If you are not an 8,9 0r 10 you have to hit the road.

• Females are more likely to make fun of a guy because he is ugly behind his back to a high degree.

Guys will just say a girls ugly and move on.

• I prefer females that are like 5,6 or 7. They just have a basic look that I find hot. Usually they have a better body.

Females that are 10 just don't do it for me. Maybe its their spoiled personality that turns me away.

• or all that make up

• Both in terms of expectations

• I concur. It's unfortunate since a lot of REALM don't look like much on the outside but are sweethearts of a catch on the inside.