Im almost 21 & attracted to a guy who's almost 20 but my mom sees it as an issue. Is that an issue?

So I'll be 21 really soon and I met this guy who's almost 20 and my mom is thinking unreasonably. We're only a year apart. We both have a deep love and talent for music and wish to pursue it together. He understands me better than any other guy I've ever dated. He senses my emotions out of the blue and he's correct when he does. He remembers all that I say and it's just amazing how he can bring up something I said weeks ago and I won't even remember. I feel as if he penetrates my heart. He's hilarious. And his talent inspires me. I've had writers block for years even during my past relationships but with him, I've been writing the best poems/songs I've EVER written. He's someone worth falling in love with but all mom focuses on is what he can buy me and if he knows what he wants to do in life. Advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sorry but it sounds like he's a really good match for you, your mother is your mother but i believe she is wrong in this case, it sounds to me like he's a guy worth chasing as you clearly like him, love isn't about what he can buy you or where he wants to go in life, at least not to me personally, as long as you make each other happy and trust each other and get on well etc, i think you should go for it, he sounds like me minus the musical talent, to be fair i'm having a similar issue, but over different reasons, and that's not a big age gap at all.

Good luck

• Wow thank u. 😊😄 touched my heart! I Hope your problem is resolved! And I'd you're anything like him, then u must be a fantastic catch! I pray love comes your way if it hasn't yet!

• Many women out there won't cheat. And I'm so sorry for your loss. Keep your heart guarded as best as u can so that pain can't reach it. Then unguard it once u know real love has appeared. I've been through crap but the beauty of life is going through troubles then moving on, and u must move on bc u still have life to live! Live it, speak your mind, know that you're worth more than gold, and study people out first. I don't know your religion or if u have one but I pray to God about people and prayer helps! Love will definitely find its way to u, you lovely creature! 😍

• I know that, everyone's different, and thanks but i don't know when that will be haha, and I've certainly been through plenty of that, i have to keep my spirits up anyway because most around me are down and i help them, not to mention i try not to let it affect me, but a lot has happened, and i don't follow a religion personally but thanks for that and i'm sure it will possibly :)

What Guys Said 5

• Tell her to fuck off

• Lol yeah in my head I will! Black mamas dont play that! Haha

• Your mother is right. Your mother is always right.

• You're an adult. You say yourself that your mother is thinking unreasonably, so why take her views into account?

• i would say listen to your mother.. they are always right and know whats best for you

• Only a year a part - you're almost the same age, certainly nothing to worry about. Moms want guys who can provide for their daughters, but him loving you, respecting you and inspiring you is worth so much more.

• I think it's worth more too😁 thank u! 😃 such inspiring advice

What Girls Said 2

• A year difference? Really
    This is almost laughable.

You both are pretty much the same age.

• It is funny but amazingly mom sees an issue with it. I'm still into him though!

• Be with him if you want, but be reasonable with it as well. Don't just rush into it. I'm with a guy a year younger than me, same situation. As long as you're reasonable with it, it shouldn't matter.

• Thank you! Guys say just listen to mom but your advice makes sense. Do u like your current bf more than you've liked previous bfs?

• Yeah, but he's my husband now. So that just explains it.

• Wow lol that explains alot! Congrats!! 😁😁😁😍 thank u