He's 17. I'm 15. Should I go for it or leave him alone?

I mean we talk quite a bit and I think he's interested in me but I don't know if he is or not. All my friends say we'd be really cute together and stuff, but I don't know if I should because he's 2 years older. I don't know how my parents would feel. Please help!

Most Helpful Girl

• Know for sure how he feels. Perhaps u could talk to your parents about it, or whichever parent that's more understanding. At 15 it's so easy to be into a guy very quickly. Just be cautious of everything but in my opinion, if his heart longs for u, then age doesn't matter! Good luck girly!

What Guys Said 5

• Hey, there's nothing wrong with that. It's within legal bounds, so that's no problem. A lot of times, parents need to warm up to a guy being in the family. Be sure you really know you'll be with him before you shoot for it. Watch who he hangs out with, and how he looks at you compared to other girls. Or you can even get some friends* to walk past them, and you watch his eyes look, or ignore, and then you do the same. Hope this helped you!
    -Sean

(P. S. Sometimes guys like myself have a hard time expressing themselves around people they're interested in.)

• Are you serious? My parents are 16 years difference...

• It's only two years, that's common, it'll be fine, if you like him, go for it

• 2 years isn't a big deal. Dating isn't getting married, after all - go for it!

• better be quick. When he turns 18, he could be charged for rape.

What Girls Said 2

• No... He probably thinks you're a child

• Its fine. No big gap but be careful by law when he turns 18.