Guys, Would you date a chubby girl if she is losing weight?

i'm not saying curvy because i have seen guys on here saying "curvy means fat" so i'm saying chubby. So would you date a chubby girl who is trying really hard to lose weight so she gets thinner? Like for example i'm a little chubby girl (i have a 36'' waist") and i play sports constantly, i live in the woods and boondocks so i climb trees and swim a lot. So even though i'm chubby i'm getting a little thinner each week. So would you date someone like this or not?

• i would date a girl like that
    45% (21)
  • i would not date a girl like that
    11% (5)
  • i would not date but its good she is exercising
    15% (7)
  • depends (why)
    23% (11)
  • other (explain)
    6% (3)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

23

Most Helpful Guy

• I didn't vote... but be yourself, please.

What Guys Said 22

• A: Losing weight isn't necessarily about how much exercise you do. It's about calorie intake versus calorie expense. So, first you need to do some research for your goals. Also, I do think it's really good that you're trying to slim down. But, fat is my major turn off. I'm not going to be politically correct, because that's the absolute killer for me, personally. Something my parents said about being fat when I was a kid, I think. Anyways, no, I just couldn't do it. I wouldn't be attracted to her.

• The problem is, when you date someone, by default what you're saying to that person is, "I approve of you. You don't need to change".

That said, there's nothing wrong with dating someone on the mutual understanding that that person will change. Unfortunately, almost everyone, in the position of that other person, will feel resentment.

I suppose it would be a good test of one's date's character to see whether he or she would feel resentment in that position. But, personally, I'd rather just date a girl who is already what I want.

• If the girls is losing weight for her own health reasons or self esteem sure. But I don't really factor in weight in terms of Dating potential that's moreso a personality question.

• I've dated a chubby girl who wasn't trying to lose weight, so...

It wouldn't make a difference to me.

• depends how much we have in common and if we are compatible. its not about weight. I don't care if she is not thin but I want her to be fit so she can keep up with me while hiking or just being active

• A girls weight is not a dealbreaker for me

• i would if she has big tits

• A girls weight and looks aren't everything. If we click and she's got an awesome personality id still date her

• It depends on if you're nice, funny, easy to talk to etc. etc. etc.

• A lot of all my girlfriends were chubby or on the larger side so it would not bother me if she was really nice and looking for something serious count me in I have always been a chubby chaser.

• That depends entirely on one deciding factor- her face

• Yes of course. I'll be proud of her for trying.

• Sure thing!

• I would date her regardless.

• Yes, I would.

• Absolutely.

But she has to want to lose the weight for herself, not for a guy

That make sense?

• yeah it makes sense, i don't see the point of changing your body for a guy. i'm losing weight to get back to my old body i used to have.

• That's good, same here :)

• I don't think I would.

• Post pic of an example and I'll tell you

• Depends on what she's like as a person. But physically, hell yeah! I love chubsters :)

• I usually like thin, but sometimes a chubby girl can attract my attention

• I am chubby chaser, so I would demand that she STOP dieting immediately!

• No curvy doesn't mean fat, it just means you have a little more than most women these days. Fat is when you weight more than what you're supposed to, for your height. If you're short and weigh a lot, it looks stocky, and well, that's not a good thing