Girls, would you say there is a shortage of quality guys in the world?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 2

• I'd say no, mostly because what I consider to be "quality" as you is not necessarily what someone else considers desirable. The same argument can be made for men thinking about women (or whatever sexual preference you fall under. Let's not encourage heteronormativity, here.)

• you do realise i don't understand a word you said that right?

• Read a book. Expand your mind.

• Quality men? No. Quality attractive men? Yes. There's a difference. Whenever a woman says something like where are all the "good/quality guys", "attractive" is usually inferred but not directly stated.

• i wouldn't say that. there are a lot of good-looking guys around. in my experience, i found that girls in general don't care much about looks. so when i say 'quality guy', i mean overall quality. so even if he wasn't that good-looking, he would have other attributes to make up for it.

• Absolutely Agree

• thanks

What Guys Said 5

• I'd say that there are two ways to respond to that:

1.) There would therefore be a shortage of quality girls as well.

2.) The "looking in the wrong place" argument.

Though of course, claiming that there is a shortage of quality guys or girls implies that you see yourself as both a high quality girl/guy, and deserving of a quality girl/guy. Really, if you want to find someone worthwhile, you need to make sure you yourself are worthwhile.

After all, the only person you are really responsible for is yourself. You see a problem, you do your best to either fix it if you can, or circumvent it if you can't.

• what does being a quality guy myself (which i do believe i am) have to do with this?

• Though not of the gender asked, I do have an opinion. My thoughts are that Patriarchy has warped and twisted a great majority of the men in this world. Quality is not born, it is made, and societal "standards" and "expectations" can create a quality person just as easily as they can create a person of no value or worth at all. So many of the expectations society places upon men turn them in to very low quality people on average. An example would be the idea of "be a man". "Be a man" insures that a great deal of men are not truly in touch with their emotions at all, because society criticizes them for "acting like a woman" when they express emotions other than anger or lust. Think back to being a child if your parents said "boys don't cry". So many women speak of men not being sensitive or in touch with their emotions at all, hmmm, I wonder why? Also, the obsession with "being a man" tends to veer into proving your masculinity by having lots of sex, that in combination with the suppressed emotions results in many *many* men who don't care about women at all and see them as nothing more than sexual objects to be used and/or controlled. At the end of the day we have many, many low quality men in this world. But they were not born this way, no, they were made. If we ever want to change this we need to start raising our children as individuals, not as boys and girls who need to act "within their gender". Let your children be who they are, and don't chastise them for "acting like a girl" or "acting like a boy". We can build a brighter future.

• you're misunderstanding me. a man's quality has nothing to do with the way he treats/views women. a quality guy is a guy who has his shit together, one who is well-adjusted socially. and since i'm asking girls about guys who are quality relationship material, i also mean guys who have traits that women find attractive (other than looks, which women don't care much about anyway).

• that'd never happen... in both genders dude...;-)

• U kiddin me?

• kidding you? no. kidding you would imply that i was even talking to you in the first place.

• Fuck them and their stupid quality.