How do I build my self confidence when it comes to attracting women?

I've always had a pretty low self esteem since I used to be called ugly so much back then. So It's always been difficult to just approach women. I even have trouble going up to average looking girls. I need help. Any advice would be appreciated.

Most Helpful Guy

• dude if u want my opinion yer facial hair... don't flatter u much basically... if u shave them, u r not ugly... maybe a 6.5-7/10 :-)

What Girls Said 2

• be 100 % you

• Well you don't look ugly, actually you look attractive to me.

What Guys Said 3

• Start small and stop expecting the worst to happen. If you see a girl and you look at her and she looks at you smile at her, maybe just say hi and keep walking. It could lead to something or nothing.
    Its baby steps to yourself that your not some mutant and girls will be open to you if you put yourself out there. It won't always work out but being to unsure to move is worse than anything someone could say to you.

• Here's a philosophical perspective. If you really take it seriously, you may be able to see yourself in a new light.

What are "you"? How do you define "yourself"? The answer is that you define yourself by two things: the experiences you just so happened to have experienced in your life (which are essentially trivial in regard to your future), and the cultural standards.

Just realize that your personality is just an illusion. You have free will, not only to act in any way you choose, but to perceieve yourself in anyway you choose. Simply, a "I think, therefore I am" mentality.

• Confidence is just the absense of fear. And if you realize there isn't anything to fear, you will become more confident.

• *Absence

• First thing don't worry about what other people say. Accept yourself and your self confidence will grow.