I am only affectionate with my girlfriend in private. IS that a problem?

I have never been the type of person who has been good with expressing myself, but that does not mean I don't have feelings. In my girlfriend I found someone I can express myself with and be affectionate with, but only in public. I feel like if I show I care about someone people will think I'm soft so I am not affectionate in public. Is this a problem?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not being affectionate in public and only so in private isn't a problem. However, the reason you gave is. If I knew a guy was avoiding to show PDA because he thinks people will think that he is soft.. I would think that he is soft anyways because he's letting the thoughts and opinions of people he doesn't know and most likely will ever know affect the way he treats his woman.

What Girls Said 4

• She will probably wonder what's going on and whether you really like her. You shouldn't worry what other people think of you.

• She knows i care. I guess i am the type of guy who is not good at expression myself.

• No its not you don't like PDA basically

• the only thing that I would like is holding hands other stuff could care less

• No not at all usually girls like it better to be private but maybe a little peck , hugging, or hand holding would be fine only if you are comfortable.

What Guys Said 4

• Do you really think that if you avoid PDAs, people will think you are a tough little bird who doesn't care about anybody?

• That's who I've always been.

• 1. Everyone judges everyone else. 2. what a man is, is subjective.3. She is fine either way.

• 1. Very few people care if you, or I, even exist. They are not judging us. They are wrapped up in their own lives and could not care less about us.

2. Of course "What is a man" is subjective. The point is that, if you are a man, you don't care what anybody else thinks about how tough you are. If you still care about that, you have some growing up to do.

3. If she doesn't care, and you obviously think that what you are doing is right, then why did you even bother to ask the question?

• it's very good actually... i'd feel the same way if i was u basically...:-)

• As long as you show her in private how you feel you will be fine.

• you shouldn`t care about other people