I feel like I'm dating my friends with benefits without actually dating?

One of my best friends and I started having sex about four months ago. We hang out all the time during the day and text all the time. He sleeps over even if we don't have sex. He stayed at my place every night for a week straight. We have sex a lot and we see each other a lot. I've met his friends and he's invited me to his 'plus 1' for a concert his friend had gotten him tickets to. It just feels like more than a 'friends with benefits' situation because we see each other so much outside of just having sex, and we talk a lot and hang out often. When we first started sleeping together he told me he wasn't looking for a relationship right now and I got that, but it feels like we're in on without trying to be. I know he's not hooking up with anyone else right now because we are in the same friend group for the most part. All of our friends say that we're basically dating anyway even if we don't say it. Does it seem like this is more than the usual hook up situation? I'm afraid that if we make it official, then eventually our friendship won't be able to survive if we break up or anything and I'm not sure what to do.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Talk to him. If you want friends with benefits you need to only see each other once in awhile. By you guys hanging out a lot you both are becoming attached. Or stop having sex and just be friends.

• Hmm do you want to be more than fwb?