Which side has it easier?

Which side do you think has it worst in terms of dating? Like from attracting each other to actual dates? Do you believe in gender roles?

0|0
4|7

Most Helpful Girl

• it used to be guys had to do everything so it was more difficult for them
    but now a days it's about the same
    some people still expect guys to make the first move but all my boyfriends I've either been the one to ask or prompted it
    and my girlfriend one of us had to make the move and she did so

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• In today's world both genders can have it difficult. Just depends on the person and their circumstances. I see lots of guys saying girls have it easier just guys ask them out first. Sure okay maybe but that doesn't mean we don't face rejection or break ups and heartache.

1|0
    0|0
  • I believe the guys, cuz they need to make an actual move, then they need to usually pay and come up with romantic ideas. i couldnt do it.

0|3
    0|0
  • both girls and guys.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• It's pretty obvious, women certainly have it MUCH easier initially when attracting potential partners, for one main reason - they don't have to approach men and risk rejection. But after starting to date, both need to put in equal efforts to keep the relationship going.

0|2
    0|0
  • Men have it much harder. We have to approach and entertain and compliment. Buy gifts, flaunt our capacities, get used to rejection and ocassionally being called ugly. We have to take it all like a man and keep trying. It's not a competition men have it much harder at least for this thing.

0|3
    0|0
  • Probably women due to the fact that guys usually have to make the first move

0|0
    0|1
  • Louis C. K. has a good bit on this.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course I believe in gender roles. Gender roles developed through evolution so they are a natural consequence of the ability of men and women. To defy gender roles is to go against nature.

Women have the ability to carry a fetus and men do not. That means women are to be taken care of by men. However, women are supposed to take care of men in natural ways as well through cooking and cleaning. These are just but a couple of examples but you can choose any gender role and trace it back to the beginning of man and you will understand why it developed as it did.

Women clearly have it easier than men as men are the chasers and women the chasees. This is true everywhere in the animal kingdom. Male peacocks, for example, must court a female and the male with the brightest plumage generally wins out.

Before you go flaming me for pointing out these facts, sit and think about it for a moment.

0|1
    0|0
  • Both sides have the possibility of getting screwed over by a selfish shit head, it's bad for both of you if she falls pregnant and it's unplanned. Generally men are expected to take all the risk in terms of trying to impress the girl by approaching her and saying the right thing, taking her on an entertaining enough date, continuing to say all the right things, demonstrate he's a good enough prospect and can provide for her, all while being a good enough physical specimen to pass on good genetics to potential children. Men have it harder than women.

0|2
    0|0
  • Women usually. This could be for anything as well from dating to simply persuading a bus driver to let them on because "they forgot their purse". Abit different in the professional world though

0|0
    0|0