Will the age difference matter to him?

Im 21 , the man im interested in is 30 , he is very intellectual and so am I. we both love the same things , share the same philosophies , read the same books , think in similar styles and tend to complete each others sentences.
he's my co worker and friend and I've only known him recently but the connection between us is very strong. I sometimes feel we are one. And i have a feeling he sees this too... But i always doubt , maybe my age will be of a bigger factor hindering anything to happen than id thought.
What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Age is a big factor there. Coworkers is a huge factor. Be really careful - if you get together and things don't work out, expect to be unemployed without unemployment.

• To my luck we are co-workers within a volunteer Non profit organization that helps educate Students with special needs. This is not our main jobs I am working on my masters and teaching part time. And he's an engineer :D

• Well, the age could matter... my gf is 10 years younger than I am, but she was 26 when we started dating, so the age difference didn't seem as big, you know? Large age differences can work out quite well, but they do come with large power differentials, so be careful and keep a strong friend network of your own if you do end up dating him!

What Guys Said 4

• Nine years? That's it? Going by the half plus seven rule, he's only two years "too old." I wouldn't sweat it. Go for him. But be mindful of how your parents will feel. And any other busybodies in your life. They might call him a cradle robber.

• You're 21. What you consider intellectual is probably sophistry.
    He's 30. What he considers intellectual is probably applicable.

It won't work out, but go ahead.

• At your ages, 9 years isn't much.

The last time I dated a woman less than 9 years younger than me was last century.

• the only thing that matters to me is connection, age is irrelevant

What Girls Said 2

• I think liking or loving someone has no age. I feel like don't care what others think of you (even though some people will look at this strangely). As long as you happen thats all that matters. But just bc your interested in him doesn't mean he will be interested in you. Maybe he will have an issue with the age difference but who knows

• I don't think the age is THAT bad.