Who would you rather date, someone who is attractive or someone with a great personality? Is being attractive more important?

So my guy friend told me he likes me but is not attracted to me, I wasn't sad or mad I was honestly happy so I can move on and now I know my answer, so obviously he was flirting and leading me on because he knew I like him even though he didn't really like me. His best friend is interested me and my guy friend acts jealous and weird when he finds out we were hanging out.
So my question is does looks really matter? Even though that person is everything you wanted in personality?

Most Helpful Guy

• A perfect date is a blend of personality and looks where personality is more important but looks do matter :)

What Guys Said 1

• Both matter. I try not to be too picky about looks, but they do matter. Someone has to be average level attractive for me, sometimes a little below average is alright. Ultimately, I consider personality to be more important, but I do need some attraction on looks.

• Understandable, I don't really care about looks because it will go away, but in my teen years I was attracted to cute guy, but when I turned 20 I didn't care and personality and how I am treated is way more important to me now

What Girls Said 6

• We can't choose who we're gonna get attracted to, we don't have a control over it. But I know I could never get attracted to fat guys or guys with unibrow or guys that are way shorter then me. Everything else depends on personality. :)

• That is true, but if the guy makes me happy and comfortable, I don't really mind but I totally understand, everyone has a preference on what they want

• being attractive matters to a certain point. I don't want to makeout with someone I don't find attractive in the least. I don't care how nice their personality is if they don't take care of themselves. and I don't care how hot someone is if they're a complete jerk. I've turned down plenty of hot jerks before because I don't want to waste my time and be disrespected and used.

• Understandable and I have met a few guys that are jerks because they know they look good and they can get any girl, and seeing them how they treat girls is so sad because some girls know and still doesn't care because they are with a hot guy, I don't care about looks but if the guy treats me right and will accept me for who I am I will be happy with that person

• For me looks matter. That's what attracts me to people in the first place. But I have to like their personality in order to date them.

• If I don't know the person, I will probably go for looks so it can be like " oh he seems nice I will get to know him " but I don't really care for looks. If I know the guys already I will go for personality and how they will treat me

• I like when a guy has a nice personality and looks cute.

• personality everytime

• black gal problems :P

• but jealous of hot white gals?

• No i was never jealous, actually it was the opposite, they were telling me they wished they had a big chest, and I always say why because it's hard to believe if a guy likes you or what he sees, luckily I snapped out of it, and I got use to the fact some guys will stare or like me for the fact that I have a huge chest but still likes me for who I am. But I am jealous that I don't have small breasts, haha girls always looks at me crazy when I say that but it's truth