Should I be afraid of my boyfriend?

we got into an argument two days ago and he was on top of me and he said "i will be happy if I kill you" he just said I like it was nothing.. and today we got into an argument over something simple and he said" if you don't stop acting stupid, I swear to God I will come find your ass and I don't care whats going to happen, I swear to God I will come right now stop my business and find your motherfucking ass". he's 26 27 ths year and I just turned 20 afew days ago. he's never directed any violent word towards me like he has the past few days. we've known each other for 1 year now an we had a miscarriage within the 1st 3mths of dating. he's told me how there's no other man in the world that loves me more than he does and he wants a family and the rest of his life with me. He also say God sent him to me. so that's just a little background on this sitch

Most Helpful Girl

• Run as far as you can. Telling you he loves you more than everyone could ever and all those things is just trying to manipulate you. He's verbally abusing you, putting you down until you start feeling like he's right and you're wrong... Dump him, he doesn't love you and he has some big issues.

What Guys Said 9

• Buah, if that's not enough to end everything, I don't know what are you waiting for... to get beaten up?
    "It's all in the heat of the moment"... yeah, and the punch is also in the heat of the moment. If you believe that he loves you, you should also believe that he may get physically violent with you.
    Many women also thought that they were just words, and they ended up dead.

• whoa I guess your blunt response holds a lot o truth.. thanks for that it put things in perspective

• I'm sorry if it was too blunt, but I just hate domestic violence, and when I see the slightest cue that may lead to it, I just will do whatever to avoid it.

• He sounds like a fucking psycho.. You should end the relationship and report him to the police.

• You shouldn't be afraid of your boyfriend because he should be your ex boyfriend now.

• Run and don't look back. Listen to what @BarbaraP said

• I'd be a bit scared if i were you.

• Run away and get a restraining order against him

• Get away from him.

• Break up with him, it will only get worse.

What are you gonna do if he starts beating you?

• that's certainly a question I can't answer.. hopefully he doesn't kill me first right? I'm definitely alarmed and afraid now after hearing all the opinions. I've got to do something... even though he's got me deep in love with him.

• thank you so much for your advice, it was very helpful. Sadly I've got to do what I got to do tho!

• Hey its no problem

• Those are some scary things for him to be saying to the love of his life. If I were in your situation, I would head straight for the exit door and never look back. Behavior like that usually gets worse with time.

What Girls Said 12

• Id' be f*cking scared. These are all signs of an abuse man. Seriously no joke. This is textbook abusive relationship. PLEASE get out while you can. RUN, seriously. Are you living together? Break up with a witness present so he can't freak out and kill you/hurt you. If you aren't living together, break up over the phone. Tell someone you know about this too, just in case something happens to you.

• Was he just released from the psych ward when you both met? Because he's getting loose ! He needs a straight jacket.

In all honesty, did really need to ask this question? I know you're smart enough to know none of the crap coming out of his mouth is normal and is a huge warning sign.

Don't stick around to see if he actually means those words. Run now ! And far ! Get the police involved if you need to.
    Record him when he is saying these horrible things as proof.

• *straitjacket

• I'm a little confused as to what's normal these days, my mom and dad had a chaotic relationship and what I thought was normal growing up turned out to be some obscene craziness when I finally talked to someone who was normal. so I might be a little ignorant healthy relationship wise. I know to an extent what he said was wrong but it confused me cause also he says he's in love and Im in love and couldn't do it to him. he also Arabic tho no offense

• Oh my God. Get all of your things and change your locks today and file a restraining order tomorrow. That is utterly terrifying. He's crazy. No one should ever talk to you that way ever. There are way, WAY better guys out there who will actually treat you right.

• I'd be a bit afraid but, he's probably just all talk or try to be intimadating. I'd distance myself from him though.

• I have no idea if he means it or just say it our of rage (option 2 is more likely). This is NOT something you tell your partner ever. No matter how angry a person is in a argument you just don't say something like that.
    Threatening to break up, to leave can happen but saying he'll be happy if he kills you" is just messed up

• that's what confuses me, when he made the kill comment we had just had sex and got dressed a he wanted to go again and I refused so we got into a little small argument and he was super calm on top of me clothed looking in my eyes when he said "I will be happy if I kill you" so I stated gentally kissing his neck and up to his lips cause I didn't want anythg crazy to happy and thought that would take his mind somewhere

• That's scary

• You should not be afraid of your partner at all, especially in a physical way. If you think this is a red flag, then you are probably right. Arguments happen and conflict is expected from time to time, but your partner you not make you feel scared or unsafe. I know you have been together for a while, but don't let that bias decision if you think something is truly wrong. You don't want to be caught in an abusive cycle. Do you have any family or friends that you can consult with on this?

• my mom absolutely hates him and blames him for my miscarriage and for a while I did too, but the majority of my family and frinds thought I was long done with him after that. so I have been secretly dating him for the past 6months. I have one friend I can alk with but they would be of no help

• There is a difference between family disapproval due to personal biases versus them legitimately being concerned for your well-being and seeing when someone is treating you poorly. When a partner tries to isolate you from your loved ones, that can be a sign of abuse. Just look out for yourself and find reliable support from somewhere. Legally if not from loved ones. Don't take these sort of threats lightly though.

• that's very unhealthy... I think you need to get out of that relationship asap. there's no excuse for him saying he'd kill you

• Having been in a domestic violence relationship if a boyfriend said that to me I would run not walk away..

• Um yeah. Id have no doubt that he could hurt you.
    Get away.

• leave the psychopath

• You shouldn't tolerate that, and if I were you I would report him to the police straight away, he threatened you twice, you should stop this before he harms you physically

• That's really scary... he could turn physically abusive... I would definitely consider ending the relationship, but tell the police beforehand or have a police escort when you do it because he might actually try to hurt you if you do...