Girls, now be honest?

Girls, honestly can I guy be to nice or to good to you in a relationship?

12

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely. I don't want to date a doormat. I want to date a person.

• I appreciate the honesty. But what is to much? It's such a fine line.

• For me I basically just want my considerations to be matched. I want to be in a partnership. I compliment his tie he likes my shoes. I pick up his dry cleaning. He does the regular laundry.

I start feeling uncomfortable when I can't reasonably return gestures or they're too much for the situation. Like holding open the door is great. A six foot teddy bear and a thousand roses are not.

• Haha, I gotcha thanks.

What Girls Said 11

• Yes. If he apologizes so much for no reason - it's annoying.
    If he tries to please the girl at every turn and it starts feeling too stalkerish -showing up at her work, standing beside while she's in the bathroom, sending her inappropriate cards and flowers anywhere (especially at work) - it's no longer cute and fun - it's creepy.

Many other examples.
    But what guys find to be 'nice' may very well be extremely worrisome to the other person.

• Well yes.. I mean every girl wants a guy to care for them/ watch out for them and bring them gifts.. But there is a reason "nice guys finish last" too.. No one wants a guy that is a sissy and can't have their own opinions because they are too worried about hurting yours (I mean we want you to agree sometime just not everytime) or a guy that is too soft and feminine.. We still need to you act like big strong men too.. Just like you probably want a girl that can dress up but also dress down and be really natural. Women want men that are nice most of the time but not all the time.

• If you pretend to agree with whatever I say and walk on eggshells because you're afraid of making me mad

• It's possible.

I may have to lock him in my basement 🙈🙊

• No, most girls like to be spoiled. However, he should not agree with everything she says and does just for the sake of it. If he thinks she's acting stupid or has a different opinion, he should express it. Most girls don't want a guy who tries to be all things for them.

• No. Not in my opinion.

• Well, his real personality will show eventually, if he is only pretending to be nice, you can only keep an act up for so long.

• Depends on the girl and what she likes and wants.

• Absolutely. I want a guy who treats me with respect and appreciate me.

• What? Are you planing to suck cock after lying around girls? Pay the money. Lessons are not free

• How he expresses it can sometimes be an issue; for example if he's into public displays of affection like kissing in front of lots of people I'd be kind of uncomfortable with that because I'm shy. If he bought me lots of gifts I'd be grateful to him but I might start to feel a little weird about it and guilty especially if he was spending a lot of money on me, and even more so if it was early in the relationship and I wasn't sure if I was serious about him yet.
    If he was always super affectionate in general it may not be a positive as I'm an introvert and need my space sometimes.