Guys, would you date a female who has multiple things wrong with her?

I was diagnosed with PTSD when I was just 3 & if you are educated in it, you know it is no joke.

I feel like I'll forever be alone, b/c I'm a total handful, PTSD has ruined me, my emotions, how I think... Like shit I can't even talk right.

Along with PTSD, I have depression & anxiety, which I'm pretty sure that PTSD caused it. My anxiety can be so irrational, the dumbest things make me panic. & my depression will happen for no apparent reason.

On top of this I have PCOS which is an endocrine disorder, I've been told I might not be able to have kids.

A lot of guys have stopped talking to me & just told me I have too many problems, it's really setting in that I'm too much for most.

Men, would you try to stay away from someone like this? Or would you attempt to be with them? Give your honest opinion.

20

Most Helpful Guy

• I typed up an opinion previously that I believe goes well here. I'll paste it and then alter it to be more in line with your question.
    "Possessing a trait that the average worms of society deem "unwanted" is a very good thing, it separates the wheat from the chaff. A greater quantity of men are going to reject you and not want to be with you, but do not despair, for this is a game of quality VS. quantity... and it is the quantity who are the most likely to reject you based solely upon your mental conditions. It will take longer to find a quality person to start dating and hopefully marry, but in the end you will be much happier, for your future partner is much more likely to love you for you and treat you as an actual partner rather than as his servant. These mental alterations are a part of who you are, do not reject them and act as though something is wrong with you. You are merely different, and different is not a bad thing to be. Embrace who you are in full force and in time you will meet the one you've been looking for.
    If ever the black despair of loneliness should start to take you, remember that it is not forever, remember that the most successful people in this world failed over and over and over again before they achieved ultimate success. If you do not give up, then like these people your success is inevitable. For those who taste victory never surrender when they taste defeat, because they realize that defeat is merely another step on the path to ultimate victory. Sooner or later, you WILL be victorious."

What Guys Said 19

• It's a challenge, that's true, and I understand why many men wouldn't want to deal with that, but I personally would give you a chance. I was also depressed, and I believe I have some sort of social anxiety, so I know how you may be feeling. I know PTSD is worse, but having gone through depression, I don't desire that to anyone, so I'll try to help you go through that.

PCOS is kind of a big deal to me though, since one of my goals is to have kids, but maybe if my love for you is strong, I'll may be able to look passed that, and consider adopting a kid.

Seriously, don't worry too much, it's just making your situation worse, try to remain as positive as possible, there are guys out there that would date you no matter what :)

• Well, I can't possibly make it worse, I know I have it, it's not something I just created. It's an actual problem, you know?

But yeah I hope that's true (: thanks

• I know I know, I meant like if you could stop worrying about not finding someone? I don't know how easy/difficult it is for you to stop with the negative thoughts.

• I can't anymore I dated a depressed girl for 8 years and It was an up hill battle It worked out we did a lot but many times she made me feel like everything is over and she just broke me down to many times. she was always so confused about the relationship

• There is a guy out here whom would love to be with you. It is call unconditional Love. It comes only once in a life time. It matters not with how many problems there are between the 2 of you. I have been married 3 times. One that had psych problems. She attempted to kill me, nevertheless, I stayed with her until she passed away with Cancer and neurological problems. My second wife passed away through a liver transplant. She too had some psych problems. My present has anger manager problems, control problems and other problems as well. I stay with her because I love her. And this will happen to you as well.

• Everyone has shit wrong with them lol, as long as we figure ourselves out and know how to prevent bad things from happening, that's what is important I think.

• Love make you blind sometimes, so if he really love you he won't look at the wrong side but he will try right to make things right than to work away, we all come from different education thats why you should to help each other in a relationship to understand life by all the way even educate your partner

• For Mr Right it won't make a difference n I don't mind if I have a gf like you bc you look hot n if a girl loves me I don't care about anything else 😊

• I don know what is PTSD. But dumbest thing make panic and you can't talk hmm thats hard but you're beautiful. I will say maybe but tbh I prefer to have normal girl

• I would try to make things work. Mental illness can be quite tricky though, especially to the extent you've described. I have depression and anxiety also, so we would either clash and argue, or merge and support each other

• How do you get PTSD at 3 years old? I'm not questioning that it's true. I'm just curious because I don't know much about it

• It can happen at any age. I was in a car accident that resulted in my sister being born brain dead.
      A 3 year old is aware of what is happening, I still remember parts of the day pretty vividly.

• Well my gf doesn't have PTSD but she has a pretty severe anxiety disorder and I've been dating her for a year so I don't think your condition would be too much of a problem

• Well, PTSD is more complex then just anxiety, which PTSD can cause severe anxiety.

• I would but there would need to be a level of trust and honesty.

it's no different to any relationship, there is a high level of emotional and mental commitment to be made. But you cannot judge someone by their past and without knowing who they really are.

You don't know until you give them a go.

• If i loved really much, i would date. Because I think our love would make that person get over. At least i would try my best to make her feel better.

• You have absolutely nothing to worry about. And if they say you have too many problems (or they have none) then they've done you a massive favor by passing you up. Let the other suckers have 'em.

• I was diagnosed with a hearing loss since about the same age, so sure!

• Everyone has something wrong with them. Most will never admit it though.

• Yes it would definitely be hard to make it work though

• I would definitely try to make it workout
    And I don't dating a girl like you :)

• I'm in the same boat you're in.

• Yes, of course. I would date someone with multiple issues. And marry her too!

• What is the ptsd?