GIRLS - Why would YOU not reply to a guy you were messaging on Facebook?

Was messaging this girl, usually at a rate of one VERY long and personal message per day. We were hitting it off (or so I thought). Last message she sent was a long one, and she sent me her drawings that she does. 24 hours later, I complimented her on her skills, sent an equally long message along with MY drawings.

Since then though, she hasn't replied. I do know that she has a big exam today or tomorrow, and noticed she hasn't been on her other social media often (she would usually go on multiple times a day). However, she has read my message and hasn't replied yet. Ignoring me, or not? It's been 2 days now :(

Most Helpful Girl

• My reasons for not replying/ignoring a guy;
    1. If he can't speak English , more so if English is their first language.
    2. If he immediately asks for my number.
    3. If he doesn't ever leave me alone/really clingy.
    4. He's really creepy
    5. Over complimenting me, talking about going on dates etc when we've just started talking.
    6. If he doesn't make the effort to talk to me.
    7. I'm just not interested in talking to him.
    8. I've gotten distracted/busy/forgotten.

It's usually 4,5, 7 & 8, more so 7 & 8.

I get distracted very easily and forget about texts or I think I've answered when I haven't, then about 4 hours later, I wonder why they haven't replied. :') You shouldn't assume anything bad immediately, some people aren't good at replying. I'm assuming that girl is just busy. I doubt she'd send her drawings to just anyone, she obviously thinks highly of you so she will contact you eventually. You have to remember, she has no tie/link with you so she doesn't have to contact you regularly and it doesn't seem you've been talking for long enough for you to have a major impact on her life. Stay positive.

What Girls Said 4

• Stop being so desperate, and live your life. If she messages you back then she will. If she doesn't then she doesn't. I'm not sure how many more opinions you can get on this. We know as much as you do, so just wait it out, but in the mean time occupy yourself.

• I think she's really busy. It happens to me too. When I'm busy I just read the message and say that I'm gonna reply to it later and then I just forget. It happens with be all the time... Oor u might have said sth that turned her off a bit..
    But there's a possibility she wants to focus on her exams. Thats what i'd do..

• Wait till day after. Even if she checked your message, she's probably preoccupied with studying for her exam, so she doesn't have time for a long conversation.
    I'm sure she'll message you, she sounds interested.

• If I lost interest, didn't know how to respond, busy

What Guys Said 3

• Nah, its probably just one of those things where they saw the message and then had to do something else and then just completely forgot - then they seem really weird replying like a day or so after. Id just send her a message in a day or so and (maybe asking about the exam). I forget to message back all the time lol

• Well, to be fair, she might just reply and start the conversation all over? If she doesn't, the QA should definitely message her.

• Cause they lost interest

• Probably not, just hasn't gotten around to replying.