I am overthinking, about what he text me?

So the guy I have been talking to for a month and today he send me a text saying "Hey I know you are not up, but Happy Birthday" I replied back saying "aww thank you and a wink face" and he respond saying Np. and about 15 minutes I replied back to him asking if he wants to hang out today? he responded saying "was in class, I don't know maybe. People coming to do the windshield this afternoon not sure what else is going on yet. I understand about the windshield since last week he hit a deer but Long story short I told him to let me know if he wants to hang out and he said ok will do, asking me what time I get out of class and I let him know. But the thing is I feel like he doesn't want to hang out with me, he is the type of guy that goes with the flow and doesn't plan anything but still I do not want to use that as reason why he doesn't want to hang out with me. I just need advice if I am overthinking about this whole thing. Because I want to hangout with him on my Birthday. If it matters our my age is 24 and his age is 33.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like he is having a pretty full day. I'm sure he wants to spend time with you but his mind may be preoccupied with the other things going on. Especially with the windshield repair that could take awhile and he probably doesn't want to get your hopes up if it turns into a big mess and he can't make it.

What Guys Said 4

• Yes, you are over-thinking but you should definitely ask him for hang-out. The more you spend time with him, the more you'll learn about him and would increase the chances.
    Good luck and happy birthday (whenever it was) :)

• wow you're so O/Ting this one. just ask him to hangout.

• wow... yes your being such a girl on this and hugely overthinking. he just said happy birthday. just text him back. texting is nice because even if he can't answer it will be there hours later when he can.

• You should ask if he wants to chill with you, ya.

What Girls Said 2

• Texts are meant for short messages.
    What did you really expect?
    Yes you are over analyzing.
    Ask him to hang out.

• Baby girl chill relax just ask him if he wanna hangout