I'm texting a guy I met on a dating website, what next?

I'm not even good with this kind of thing normally and really lost when it comes to online dating. He's interesting to talk to but we've only spoken about general stuff, I'm not sure if he's interested or just in for some conversation. Its only been 2 days of texting but about 4 hours each day. Just go on texting?

Most Helpful Guy

• Ask him what he's looking for, if he just wants someone to talk to, or a relationship.

• He doesn't seem the type to jump into a relationship right away, and certainly am not, so don't want to ask n scare him away. Just wouldn't might meeting up for a chat.

What Guys Said 2

• Seriously asking him to meet in person is the best next step and he is waiting for you to ask because if he asks it might scare you into ignoring him. It happens to guys all the time!

• You should really ask him out to coffee or something, so you guys can get to know each other.

What Girls Said 2

• Y'all should attempt a phone call. Texting is slightly impersonal. Get to know each other a bit more and then schedule a meet-up once you are comfortable enough. Maybe at a coffee shop or something. If you both feel that there's possibly something between you worth exploring, then plan an official date and go from there.

• Hmmm well, if you met on a dating website, my guess is he's wanting to see you at some point! I met my bf online and it took him 3 or 4 days of constant texting to ask me out. So I wouldn't fret and keep on talking, he's probably just nervous. Or, do the asking yourself!