I’m 25 and Never Had a Girlfriend?

I am 25 years old, I ‘m easy to talk to, and very friendly. So what’s my problem? I’ve never had a girlfriend, I’ve never even been on a date, I’ve never had sex and I’ve never been kissed. And for most men my age, this is, indeed, unique. To the best of my knowledge, no woman has ever been attracted to me. In high school I was teased quite a lot. I was overweight, ugly, and painfully shy and had very little confidence, self-esteem or self-worth and I never had the balls to approach a girl I liked. I never had any lasting friendships and the lack of friends has followed me into my adult life. I was often classed as the stereotypical “nice guy” who pretty much every girl says she wants, but ends up never going out with.

My problem is that I just don’t know how to talk to women at all. As a result, my only interactions with women have been of a friendship basis, never romantic. I never allowed myself to feel anything more than that because: 1) I was convinced no one would want a fat, ugly loser like me; and 2) I was scared of being vulnerable. I did fall in love with a girl when I was 22 but didn’t date her because she wasn’t interested in dating me (trust me, I tried my best, I really did). I’ve always felt like the odd one out, and as each year passes it seems to further diminish any romantic confidence.

I know I’ve got love in me and much to share, but I don’t know how to find someone to share it with. I’m very good friends now with someone whom I would love to date and think the world of, but I’m afraid I’ve already fallen into the “friend zone” with her. I’m also convinced that no girl would want a guy my age with absolutely no experience. It's really embarrassing. Even something as simple as kissing is foreign and scary for me. I have tried online dating too, by the way, and that didn’t go well.

Is it time to become a priest and live a life of celibacy?

Most Helpful Guy

• You know Asker, it's funny because I am 25 years old, I‘m easy to talk to, and very friendly. So what’s my problem? I’ve never had a girlfriend, I’ve never even been on a date, I’ve never had sex and I’ve never been kissed. And for most men my age, this is, indeed, unique. To the best of my knowledge, no woman has ever been attracted to me. In high school I was teased quite a lot. I was overweight, ugly, and painfully shy and had very little confidence, self-esteem or self-worth and I never had the balls to approach a girl I liked. I never had any lasting friendships and the lack of friends has followed me into my adult life. I was often classed as the stereotypical “nice guy” who pretty much every girl says she wants, but ends up never going out with.

What Girls Said 4

• Are you kidding me? First off I would probably date you BECAUSE you are your age and have no experience. There are a lot of women who like... I don't know how else to put this, innocence? I generally don't date because I don't like how everyone has been around so much. I know it sounds mean but yeah.

Honestly, don't panic bro. Age is just a number, and you'll get around to it when you'll get around to it. Don't rush things, who cares if you're at a different pace? No one is better than you. If you like a girl, let her know. That's the risk you got to take. You'll find your way.

Good luck!

• maybe you haven't had a date because you haven't asked girls out on a date?

• maybe seek out help from a Dating Coach?

• Don't keep on trying to find excuses. If you like someone, go after them. There are girls that won't mind your inexperience. Imrpove yourself in your looks, personality and approach. Try different things and see what works for you.

What Guys Said 9

• Hmmmm two 25 year olds with no experience whatsoever. . .

s2.quickmeme.com/.../...507254e95bcfdf2b86963a.jpg

Priest still get some. Just in the wrong way. I suggest you stay the course and improve yourself and confidence.

• Looks have never been a reason of ur failure
    U may be treated bad for being ugly from everyone in the street old young boy girl etc but if u were to show ur personality to a girl she will forget about ur ugly face I swear many attractive people get dumped because they used their looks to get a girl not tongues but average guys may know better because they think of getting a girl in harder ways

• "I was overweight, ugly, and painfully shy and had very little confidence, self-esteem or self-worth and I never had the balls to approach a girl I liked. I never had any lasting friendships and the lack of friends has followed me into my adult life"

This is why

Maybe watch some of this guys vidz. It may help you

https://www.youtube.com/user/DavidWygant

• Go to the mall and find a girl, hopefully she'll be of help to you, or continue asking your willing fellow gagers to help you out.

• Try Tinder :D

• This seems to be an epidemic in this generation

• If you're too fat go on diet exercise to improve your health first of all but the bonus is the healthier you look the more chance you have to get women and also when you fit you will have more confident.

How bad is your situation? Do you mean you can't even get a girl work as waiter in resturant?

• Why are you telling this to us?
    Is this a dating site?

• Improve on yourself. If you are out of shape exercise. Learn some new talent. I'm happy with my life but I continue to try and improve myself. Hell my summer goal this year is to teach myself the piano (I won't be a pro but I'm gonna bust my butt practicing every day).

Make something of yourself and gain some confidence.

• If gaining confidence was as easy as you say I would be the amongst the most confident person on earth. It's a lot harder than that, much harder. Thanks for taking the time to answer though.

• It isn't easy I bust my ass working at things trying to improve myself all the time.