Controlling boyfriend. Need opinion?

I have been with my boyfriend for almost two years. He lives 6 states away from me currently and we aren't doing so well. Today he told me to pick between him and my friends. So I told him my friends because no guy should ever make a girl pick between her friends and her boyfriend. Was that wrong? Now all he is trying to do is make me seem like the bad guy because he says he has picked me over his friends before. The point is I would never ask him to give up his friends for me. If he did it on his own free will that's different. I need some help. Did I do the right thing?

Most Helpful Guy

• You wrote:
    "Today he told me to pick between him and my friends."
    That's called an ultimatun. NO romantic partner ever gives an ultimatum to another romantic partner. Anyone who does is not your romantic partner.
    He needs to go - NOW. He is absolutely no good for you. Not only is he controlling as you suggest, he's immature and, worst of all, he really doesn't love you - he's currently incapable of it. He wants to own you.
    Get rid of him now.

What Guys Said 5

• Get rid of him. He is controling and control leads to abusive behavior. No need to speak or argue with him. His mind is in a center loop where ignorance follows supidity and floats on lack of self worth.

• You did the right thing. If someone truly cares about you they would want you to be happy and have a social life. If he had to pick you over his friends then he needs to find new friends. My friends have always been supportive and understanding about the girls I date and most girls have been understanding about me having time with my boys. Sometimes you might have to change plans around to spend time with one or the other but both should be understanding.

• 15, and you got in a relationship with a guy long distance. Doesn't sound like a relationship, sounds like your dad

• Sounds like it's time for you guys to break up

• If he's controlling then get rid of him it means he's

What Girls Said 6

• 1) No, you weren't wrong. He shouldn't have given you an ultimatum. What a jerk.

2) Don't listen to his manipulative tactics. Did you ASK him to choose over his friends? No. He made the choice. That's his issue.

3) You're good, girl. You deserve better than that fool.

• He's just paranoid because loves you and you guys are far away. But really, if it came down to it, who would you choose? If he would give up his friends for you, maybe you guys have different priorities.
    I know the guy is being controlling, sorry for the weird answer, but just trying to give a different perspective.

• You did the right thing.

• Sounds like you already know the answer. Why did he give you that ultimatum in the first place?

• You did the right thing! No guy that truly wants to be with you would ever make you choose him over your friends that's a total ass hole move and you did the right thing by choosing your friends over him

• yes you did the right thing. he should've never even gave you that ultimatum, its ridiculous!