I want to hear from guys mostly, but if any girls can offer some insight it's very welcome.
I knew a guy back in school a few years ago and we didn't talk much, but recently we've gotten in touch and we hit it off really well. I have some pretty strong feelings for him, but I'm getting some mixed signals from him.
- He texts me every day and we chat all day - even while he's at work - until he goes to bed.
- No flirting, no deep conversation, just chatting.
- He's asked me to go get drinks with him one-on-one
- He doesn't break the touch barrier except when opening doors, and to hug goodbye
- He texts me immediately after seeing me to say he had a good time and we keep texting until we both go to sleep
- He's very protective of his limited alone-time (he has roommates), but asks me to come over to watch movies.
- We ACTUALLY spend the whole time watching movies and playing video games.
- He doesn't sit close enough to touch, but close enough to accidentally touch. (I have a very wide personal bubble and because I like him, I'm very aware of his presence, so I figure just maybe his personal bubble is smaller or I'm just sensitive and/or hopeful?)
- Texts me to make sure I made it home safe (I live literally just two miles from him).
Relevant info: He isn't shy. He's not a flirt, but he does have a very large number of female friends. As far as I know, he doesn't talk to them (or anyone, really) as much as we talk.
I know I'm overthinking this, and I'll definitely try to talk to HIM about it (because he's the only one with the real answer), but if anyone could give me their opinion or offer some insight, I'd appreciate it. I really don't want to muck up our friendship because I'm reading too much into things.
Most Helpful Guy
People can be shy on different levels. Some people are very outgoing in friendships and social matters but shy with romance. Some people are good meeting members of the opposite sex, and getting to know them, but shy about exploring a physical relationship.
Start giving him some signals. Set up a date where he will come to pick you up. When he arrives, you are finishing getting ready and ask for his help zipping up your dress. Very subtle! When you are talking to him, touch his arm or his shoulder. When you are walking side-by-side, rest your hand on the inside of his elbow. When he hugs you goodbye, pull your face back but keep your arms around him and look into his eyes. That should make him feel more comfortable with the idea of getting more physical, if that is what he wants.2