Is it a mistake to tell a girl your shy?

I was on a second date with a girl last week, we held hands and at the end of the nite a peck on the cheek. Today i met her for a coffee. We're both a bit shy. she was feeling unwell and still agreed to meet me. When we were parting, i was going to give her a hug, but i froze. i texted her later thanking her for coming out and meeting me and I also apologised and said that as we left, i wanted to hug her but froze. was this a stupid thing to do as i didn't want her wondering why i didn't hug her but then again maybe she wouldn't have thought that.

all s fine, is the good news

Most Helpful Guy

• not stupid... she might consider it cute basically...;-)

What Girls Said 1

• you want a partner you can be completely open and honest with; who will accept anything about you. It is best to be this way from the beginning, even if it means she might leave you. It is better she leaves you now than when you love her.

What Guys Said 3

• honesty is always the key for success in relationships, and if you didn't tell her, she would notice that by herself, it's very easy to tell when people are shy, so I don't see what you did as a mistake.

• It may of been a bad move depending on how she feels about having a man that not confident. Come on bruh.. make a move. fuarkkkkkk

• No this isn't stupid. I think you have a little bit of social anxiety. Just tell her up front dont try to hide it. I have a similar issue and I have just told the girl that sometimes I may stutter or freeze when doing something and they realized that I dont try to be perfect which is good. I started to correct it by not being so nervous and forcing my self to do stuff that I might want to think about and change my mind.