Guy I absolutely adore married another women, what to do?

Well, obviously I just need to move on, but I'm not sure exactly how to do that. It very strange because, I only met him once, but I just fell in love with his personality he was probably one of the best guys I have ever met in my life. When I met him though he already had the gf that he got engaged to a few months after we met and I am not a home wrecker so after I found out he had a gf I didn't ever try and pursue anything with him. Plus, even if I had still pursed him and something had happened then he wouldn't have been an amazing guy anymore he would've just been a cheater and I wouldn't have wanted him anyway. So, meanwhile; after finding out he had a gf, I dated one guy who cheated on me and is now dating my friend the one he cheated on me with and I dated another guy who gave me multiple black eyes and choked me and cheated... basically, you name it he did it. So after I broke up with both of them, now I have found out the amazing guy is now married (he planned a surprise wedding for her and had her blind folded when she went to the alter, she had no idea it was her wedding day... super sweet) and I am so jealous and sad, and he was never mine so I don't really know how to get over it lol. Any suggestions?

Most Helpful Girl

• You've got to accept that this particular guy is not available, and remind yourself that he is not the only good guy in the world. There are LOTS of great guys out there, sometimes they're just not so easy to find, and you'll probably have to wade through a few ass holes to get to them. Make a list of the qualities that you want in a partner that are non-negotiable and promise yourself that you won't put up with or settle for less than that... I'm talking reasonable stuff like treating you with respect, having similar values, etc.

I'm glad you left the abusive guy. Please don't ever stay in a situation like that!!!

• Also, I bet a lot of these feelings are based on an image of him that you have built up in your head.. if you have only met him once, you really don't know anything about him. I'm sure he really is a nice guy, but he's not perfect, and I bet there are sides to him that his wife sees that you haven't seen that are annoying or less than awesome... You are infatuated with him, NOT in love with him. Remember that as well.

What Guys Said 5

• Ok first of all, you did not fall in love. You simply became infatuated with him big difference. You do not love someone if you don't even know who they really are. You just fantasize about the person you think they are.

• You just put him out of your mind, basically. And any time you begin to fantasize about being with him, just remind yourself that he's happily married, that he is in love with someone else.

• You're making it more complicated than it needs to be. Now that you've gotten this off your chest, focus on your own things, present and future.

• I have a perfect solution.
    He married a girl who he adores right? Now... Marry a guy who "adores" you.

• Good point, my last two relationships just make relationships in general, not look very promising.

• You should try talking to nice guys. They are every where. It's easy to detect them in radar. Just preset it to 'Shy' mode and you will find those amazing ones.

• How come women pop out of nowhere once a guy is in a relationship xD

• Lol well, he already had a gf when I met him. I didn't just hear he had a gf and start popping out of the bushes. If he didn't have a gf when I met him though, he definitely would've had one before I left. Lmao

What Girls Said 1

• sorry to hear about what you've been through but i don't think there's anything you can do about it.. he loves his gf and will get married soon...