I like this guy but I thing I love my bf?

I'm 19 and have had my first serious relationship because I finally let someone in emotionally and I love him I truly think I do but I think about this other guy that I use to talk to before him. I never put effort to hang out or anything but despite that I still like him a lot. My current bf is my first kiss and everything. I feel like I don't want to regret anything because I see a future with my bf but I also want to experience other relationships and things because I'm so young and I don't know what's out there? Blunt opinions and advice are strongly welcomed, thank you.

Most Helpful Guy

• A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Most girls date lots of guys because they're looking for what you already have. Yes there are a lot of other types of guys out there for you to date but the majority of them you would hate to date. You break up with this guy find out you don't mesh well with the new guy and presto you're shit out of luck.

• I know he's a perfect guy but I can't help these feelings sometimes my bf is so understanding and when I talk to him about this he says it's okay that I feel that way and I'm just confused rn but he will never stop loving me and I know he's one in a trillion but these feelings irk me

• It's understandable. I think though it's more of a curiosity of the unknown. You think about "what if I had opened up to that other guy" but then you need to ask yourself "in any of these other people I could date would I actually be able to find something more than what I already have?" Like you said it sounds like your bf is the right guy for you. You just happened to find him on the very first try and so you don't know what it's like to date guys who aren't like that.
      Again I think you're just more intrigued by the mystery of not knowing what it's like to date other men. I know I'm being intrusive but for your sake and your bf's don't break it off with him just to humor this fascination you have about what it's like to date other men. I really do think you'd regret it almost immediately. Again it's fine to think about "what if" but just know why you're thinking about it.

• Thank you so much! You read my mind entirely and gave me a different perspective! Thank you so much you're so right!

What Guys Said 1

• It's very normal to find other guys attractive, even if you're in a relationship. However, you're going a step farther. You're saying that you want to experience other relationships, and that you still think about this other guy a lot. If you were really in love with your BF, it would be unthinkable to be with another guy. Whether you stay in the relationship is up to you, but it doesn't sound to me like you're in love with him, at least not yet.

• Thank you so much for your advice

What Girls Said 0