How much of an age difference is considered acceptable when dating?

As long as both are of adult age 18+ how much of a difference in age would be ok before it starts going into creep zone? Is a 14 year difference too much? (her 18, him 32) Can a relationship like that work or is there too much difference in maturity? Share your thoughts and/or experiences with people that had a big difference in age.

Most Helpful Guy

• The rule that i heard of is double ur age minus 7. So in this case u would double her age minus 7. But i dont agree with this rule cos then the age difference would change every year. But i do think that ur age difference is a bit big and i would consider it strange.

• It does seem strange I agree, I'm considering it but hesitant. She digs me and I kind of dig her so was giving it thought. I appreciate your input.

What Girls Said 2

• She's not even close to being mature enough for a man of 32. Same deal if the situation was reversed.

• I was thinking this too. She really digs me and I kind of dig her so was curious if anyone had relationships like that and if it works. Thanks for your input.

• My dad was 18 years older than my mum and it wasn't too much :')

What Guys Said 2

• 18, not sure mate...14 years is nothing,
    But really girls only begin to be good relationship material around 22/23 once they are more settled/mature/have more life experience...
    If you do go down this path, good luck

• Yeah. Thanks for the insight man.

• this can only reliably be judged on a case by case basis. If you want to go as young as possible, I would go for 22 instead of 18 because 22 year olds are generally a lot more mentally stable than 18 year olds (dated both). However there are exceptions to the rule but they are rare.

• Yeah there are exceptions to pretty much every rule. Thanks for your input.