If someone accused you of being a catfish, do you take that as a compliment or an insult? Why?

I take it as a compliment because they think that the person I'm portraying is too good to be true. Having said that, I also take it as an insult because they think I'm not capable of being that person in the first place and they obviously think very low of me. What do you guys think?

• Compliment
  • Insult

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 7

• Well the person accusing the other person of being a catfish sounds more like a compliment rather than an insult. When someone assumes that I person is a catfish, they probably think that the victim is way too attractive to be fishing for some kind of relationship online. The person might think that the very attractive individual could easily get someone in person. So that is why I would see it as a compliment. basically they are telling the person that they are way too pretty to be real.

• Indifference. The Internet doesn't affect me. Tho I've posted verifying pics on my old account and bunches of members can vouch for that

• I know that you've always been the real thing. I was merely curious of what people usually think.

• I TAKE IT AS AN INSULT... I don't see why people have to lie about who they really why? The truth will always come out so why lie about who you are? This picture IT'S ME!! I'm not a fake I don't have to lie about who I am I love me :)

• I take it as a compliment, most catfish are beautiful.

• That is my point as well. They obviously think of you as a model of some sort, or simply beautiful.

• I've had it happen before, and it's very insulting.

• Eh it's alright I guess. But too many questions get annoying after a point obviously.

• A little of both

What Guys Said 8

• I mean... if I was cat fishing wouldn't I pick a better looking guy lol
    So I'll take my compliment haha

• Well catfishers are much more intelligent now these days. They pick a person who is somewhat believable. So I guess being in the middle of good looking and average looking is more believable than a model looking type. Wouldn't you agree?

• That's the thing though... they're not intelligent. Because they keep picking people who can be found in seconds through reverse image search. Every single catfish I've found was a model.

• Never happened. But it would be a big complement lol.

• Id probably take it as a compliment to be honest. This site is crazy tho. I understand its not a dating site but it is possible to make friends via the internet and so I was getting to know a girl on here, I google imaged her profile pic and she was pretending to be a model from NYC hahahaha. Like just be yourself wtf lol.

• I know right? People are going to like you here no matter what. People here in GAG are usually friendly if you're friendly with them in the first place.

• But its like why? are u that insecure? also it raises some mental stability questions in my mind lol. Like you took someone elses pics and are pretending to be someone you are not. Thats crazy smh

• Would it be better to be called "shady"?

• Lol I took it once as a compliment

• It's a big compliment. Catfish are the best animals on planet Earth.

• like why would she call you a fish? and a catfish of all things?
    is there some quality that i dont know about catfish?

• I'd be confused. What does that even mean? Do I smell funny?