I just got friendzoned. should I avoid all contact?

Basically I think I came on too strong on a girl after a couple of dates as in texting wise and she texted me saying she sees me as a friend followed by the standard stay in touch message. I feel quite embarrassed by the whole ordeal so I'm not quite sure if I should just not contact her at all, I actually don't mind being just friends, I think it was just the intial rush of meeting someone new.

Most Helpful Guy

• i would maintain irregular contact, go out there, be awesome, date others girls, and be smooth about it. dont rub it in her face, maybe she gets jealous maybe she doesn't, i know i turned down some girls i would actually love to date. when i was 13/14 a girl really liked me but i wasn't into girlfriends at that time, i was just a tool who wanted to chill with his buddies, later i tried with her but i failed. some other, she always liked me, we were in 4 same groups during my childhood, i never showed her any interest. 2 months ago i walked into her, she blocked me on fb. we walked by each other, didn't say hi, i turned around, so did she, and we both waved at each other. she looked really good, but i messed up there as well. anyway, just be cool, act like you dont care. dont accept it, neither turn it down. anyway, best is to date other girls, regardless of the fact if she wants you or not.

What Girls Said 3

• Just stay friends with her.

• If you aren't interested in a friendship, move on.

• When given the friend zone I politely accept and then I disappear off the face of the earth because...
    That person is basically saying "I like you to give my ego a boost once in a while, but as far as anything else goes, I'd rather shag a pineapple"

What Guys Said 7

• If you don't mind being just friends with her, then by all means just stay friends with her. I got friend-zoned one time and I had to sever ties with the girl because my feelings for her were too deep and it just hurt too much seeing her with and hearing her talk about her boyfriend all the time. But if your feelings for her aren't so deep that that kind of stuff would bother you, then there's nothing wrong with remaining her friend.

• Breaking off all contact is terrible, and if she likes you she will feel abandoned and hurt. You two didn't develop enough of a relationship to warrant hurting her like that.

You should not be expected to be a great friend, especially immediately, because that puts you in a situation where you are hurting yourself by seeing her flirt with other men.

Just back off, man. Be nice and don't ignore her. If she asks you why you can't be a better friend, explain you need time to get over her. Then do just that!

• if u don't mind bout being JUST friends, stay in contact with her... because 1 day she MIGHT change her mind u know...;-)

• Jorah Mormont got friendzoned and he still remained loyal to his khaleesi. ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/.../...z-7185-1370649216-24.gif

• You don't need to, just find another girl

• Why? If they are good friend, why would you avoid all contact?

• nope walk away find something new