Users of Tinder, how do you make the decision to swipe left or right? What hooks you to want to talk to someone?

I understand the premise of the app is to find people you find attractive, but more specifically, when you have so many matches, how do you start to weed through them? Do you sort of rank them, like oh, I think this person is hottest, so I'll start with them, or what's your process?

Most Helpful Girl

• If from their pictures they seem like a dude that I would have fun with...

My dealbreakers are:
    - Shirtless pics (douchebaaaaag)
    - Anything in their tagline about no "drama" or "crazy bitches", etc. because that's a dead give away that he's all drama haha
    - All his pictures are him out drinking with his boys
    - Pictures of him with promo girls (ugh...)

Interest Piquers are:
    - Outdoors/camping pics
    - Snowboarding, skiing or athletic team pics
    - Smiling and relaxed in his pics
    - Witty tagline

• Oh I should have also added to the dealbreakers list: flexing at the gym pictures / tagline talking about how much he works out.

What Guys Said 7

• its basically hot or not, initially. its kinda retarded though, it forces the user to search for the best possible match. hahaa

• I say stuff that i know will intentionally offend the ones who suck and then the ones who dont get offended i keep around and try to make with

like just yesterday i was flirting with this girl and i made a joke about cleaveland steamers and she got all freaked out taking everything seriously like "THATS NO WAY TO TALK TO A LADY" im like fuck you i dont owe you shit. sure it might have been the most attractive thing to say in the moment but i dont structure myself and my language to meet your fucking whims, dirty jokes and crossing the line is a favorite past time for me and if you can't accept that then you can't accept me and we have no business.

so generally that pushes away anyone whos uptight, oversensitive, prudish, pretentious or otherwise... its really not hard to find hot girls on tinder, it is much harder to find one with a decent mind in between her skull

• A lot of women who are totally down with that type of humour with people that they know and are comfortable with would be put off by you saying something like that in an initial conversation before you even meet...

• I like that you're not afraid to be yourself, but I think Sara413 might be right too. If it's one of the first times you're talking/texting a girl, she may not get that you're joking.

• then i tell her i'm joking. and if she still can't accept it then fuck her. a real woman knows its not a mans place to impress her... a real man knows a woman can't tell him where his place is. Be wholeheartedly, unabridgedly, you, not for the eyes of others, not because they think its polite, and sure as hell don't be a facade just to get into womens pants. if they don't want to have sex with you when you're being yourself, then you shouldn't fucking have sex with them. dont be fake, dont be someone you're not just because you want to get laid. thats fucking stupid.

• I just like everyone to see how many matches I get, then decide from there.

• I just swipe right mostly unless the girl is super ugly.

• Face and body

• Whether she's hot or not.

I mean, c'mon, tinder is a hookup app. It's not like anyone uses it to meet their soulmate.

• Umm, how they look? Considering that's the entire premise of the app to begin with lol

What Girls Said 4

• If we get a match right away I just read their profile and say hi or say something quirky about their photo/profile. I swipe according to attractiveness.

• I swipe right on most attractive guys, unless he wrote something off-putting. I also swipe right on guys who I'm not really sure if I'm attracted to or not, but we could give it a shot. Especially if he has cool profile info.

• Looks, obviously. I always read the text, if he is hot but have written some bullshit, Im swiping left. But if he is average and have written something, awesome, hilarious or interesting, Im swiping right.

• If he's attractive.