Does anyone else think these dating "coaches" and "Pick-up artists" are a joke?

All they do is preach how "social skills" can get you laid with any woman. The truth is, women will reject guys they are not interested in. In my age group, it's all about wealth and how well you can spoil them (social skills play no role here.) We're an internet generation anyway, so social skills are entirely pointless for meeting online. It's not about personality, confidence or the way you treat them. All these guys do is rip people off so they can get more money and make themselves look like they're helping. I doubt these guys get girls anyway.

I would never consult one of these coaches or pick up artists.

@sheabutter I couldn't have said it better myself. It's a money scam altogether.
@Distant I couldn't have said it better myself.

Most Helpful Girl

• There is no one-size-fits-all solution to finding someone, even if you have a tendency to chase the same types of partners as everyone is different. Also, there is a difference between short term and long term results. I find it is just better to be yourself and like who you are because then you will attract people who like you for the right reasons even if you end up attracting less people.

The purpose of coaches is either a selfish money scheme or just tips on boosting your confidence and being brave enough to step a little out of your comfort zone because you can't expect things to happen if you do nothing. There is a lot of crappy advice out there though so watch out! If it seems like a game or scheme, it probably is.

Most Helpful Guy

• Pick-up artists are largely scams to get guys to pay money for "advice" which helps them with ladies. Hence why they're all subscription-based or very vague.

What Girls Said 5

• They're idiots and the dudes who buy their product are idiots... but you thinking that it's all about wealth and spoiling them are also an idiot.

• I'm not an idiot, just stating the truth. Why do you think many young women are obsessed with athletes, movie stars, musicians, etc? Because they have MONEY and a high social status. That's why you see so many young women with "sugar daddies."

• You are generalizing women. Those sound liner the kind of girls you will meet as the bar or club. Those are usually the tools of the female world. You are right when you say girls want personality and confidence, but not every guy knows how to showcase those qualities. If they want a dating coach to help them find those traits in themselves i say find a quality one. I'm not a believer in pickup artists. They seem more in it for the hunt and numbers.

• Well most girls our age are turned off by confidence for some reason. I guess it's because it shows I'm not a pushover and will stand up for myself. You also can't deny wealthy men have a huge advantage among women our age. Why do you think professional athletes are always married to women our age, regardless of how old they are? Or movie stars, musicians, etc. It's because those guys have money.

• Yes I wouldn't do it

• They clearly feed on the desperation some men feel in this department, but I view it as a lot of BS mixed in with good advice. It's nothing ground-breaking, though. It's something anyone who actively approaches and seeks more experience with women would find out for himself.

• Yes they are a joke, I have seen some of their advice and if a guy did that with me he wouldn't get any results at all just by their advice alone

What Guys Said 2

• They are for people that meet in person. There's ones for online stuff I'd never pay for it but they do have helpful tips and guidelines.

• But meeting in person is harder than it ever has been, thanks to technology. And women our age don't even like being approached for the most part.

• That's not true. It's easier to get girls in life than online because they can actually see you and can't hide behind a screen or a lie saying what their busy. Most guys can't take a picture worth a damn and being able to see your confidence helps. No guarantee shE will like you though

• Well it's easier face-to-face, IF IT WORKS, but what I'm saying is, we're a generation who is meeting in person is becoming less popular. Girls could care less about approaching anymore it seems.

• I just answered another question literally 2 minutes ago about the PUA community. I'm sure it's not hard to figure out which answer is mine lol

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1461457-if-you-are-chronically-single-have-you-given-the-pickup-artist

• I think I found it. I see you agree with me.

I also think it's ridiculous these guys assume every single woman is exactly the same.