Do you think feminist women are hyprocrites in this instance?

It's seems like feminist women want men to workout and be fit for them to be sexually attractive, but at the same time promote fat acceptance and not shaving. In my mind that says you have to be fit and attractive for me, while I don't have to change my body and you should except me for how I am. Obviously not all feminist women, but it seems to be a reoccurring theme.

• There hypocrites the lot of them!
  • Some of them are hypocritical
  • There not hypocritical
  • Mysoginist pig! How dare you state an opinion that differs from my own! You should be castrated violently!

Most Helpful Girl

• Actually this is the first time I hear feminists want men to workout and be fit for them, but if some of them actually say that I need to say they are being hypocrites, but not the whole lot, I do consider mysefl a feminist, because I believe in women's rights, I still shave and all that, though I wish we didn't have to xD

• Honestly I think men and women are equal, but women are starting to have MORE protection by the law at the expense of men.

• And, what does that have to do with feminists saying men should workout and be fit in order to be attractive?

• It just seems acceptance of one thing must be met with restriction of another. "All men are handsome" has never been a thing but "all women are beautiful" is spouted any time critical analysis is applied to women.

What Girls Said 4

• Fat acceptance is not a feminist view. Feminism is about equality of the sexes, judging people of their merits rather than their gender.
    I'm a feminist AND I think everyone should take care of themselves. I'm not going to hate someone because they're fat but I will lose a degree of respect for them if they're not at least trying to take care of themselves.

• Equality of the sexes is called egalitarianism. Feminism seeks to further women. At a point it was needed, but now women have more legal protection then men, and yet feminism still pushes. Your kinda right about the fat shaming part, however it is heavily endorsed by feminists and heavily ingrained into most feminists psyche.

• Technically there is an overlap, it's furthering women so they can achieve social equality. There are still many situations in which women are treated as inferior, for example in Australia nursing is a female dominated career yet male nurses still get paid more for the same jobs with the same hours.
      As for fat acceptance, a person can be a feminist and hold other views. Consider Gay men that like musicals, there is a large over lap but just because someone is gay doesn't mean they will like musicals, just as a man liking musicals doesn't make him gay.

• I was talking about the states. My knowledge of feminism in other countries is vague. America definitely doesn't need it, sound like other places do.

• 1. When did these feminist women who are advocating for fat acceptance say that they will only date guys who are fit? When did they say that? They're not saying that. You're just assuming.
    2. There's a difference between promoting body positivity and demanding that the opposite sex like your body as it is no matter what you look like. Sure, some women think the latter is okay, but don't confuse the former with the latter.

• I think that men and woman are equal. I can fix anything you can fix or do anything regardless if your a man. But there are things a female has to step back for and let him initiate his God given role. Like, driving the car, fixing the car, doing the grass, fixing stuff in the house. Things like that. Its not that I can't do it. As I am fully capable of doing it. Its just I know my role and at times I need to step back and let him do what he was designed for. Including all women. Including all relationships.

• You make me tired.

• Did I put that ass to sleep?

• Your entitled male whining is exhausting. So yes. Forever.

• One less entitled feminist to deal with '.

What Guys Said 5

• Um. I don't think feminist women behave like this any more than non-feminist women.

I suggest you stop dividing women into "feminists"/"not feminists" and instead go with "jerks"/"nice people." ;)

Because you don't really want to date the 2nd category whether or not they call themselves feminists.

• "It's seems like feminist women want men to workout and be fit for them to be sexually attractive" <---- when they said that dude?

• Never overtly but implied and used to shame men. Never fat acceptance for men only women, and all women are beautiful but no such phrase exists for men.

• Sorry but it's hypocritical just from the title. Back the Egalitarian movement or lose my vote. Total equality should show no favoritism in its title.

• Yes. It pisses me off when people define feminism as equality between sexes. That's called egalitarianism and they are not synonymous.

• If they had that standard that would be hypocritical.

• That instance is pretty hypocritical.