Girls, I Just finished reading the first book of 50 shades of grey?

I Just finished reading the first book of 50 shades of grey and I wanted to know why do women like this arrogant guy (Christian Grey), but then I hear my female friends saying that they would never date an arrogant male, even if he had a right to be arrogant.

7

Most Helpful Girl

• Nothing wrong with confidence, but arrogance is unhealthy. A man without some humility cannot respect a woman properly. The problem with that book is that romanticizes an abusive relationship, but that is a different story. I wouldn't use that book as a reference for romantic advice.

• Then why is it so popular among women all around the world?

• The common mentality isn't always the healthiest mentality. It's because too many women think men are either polarized as bad boys or nice guys without a backbone, so they choose the one that at least appears more exciting and fun before it falls through. But neither type of guy is good. A balanced partner is ideal, at least in my opinion.

What Girls Said 6

• I think it's less of his arrogance and more of the dominance he showed. I agree that being cocky isn't attractive but it does have its perks every blue moon. Maybe it was Christian's confidence that made him desirable? I liked that aspect of it.

• You should read the second and third. The first one sucks but by the third one it's a really nice, pure love story.

• But I just can't help but wonder after I read the other two, he will still always be very arrogant at first. Why is this ideal?

• He's not ideal for me haha I don't know

• Just don't forget it's a fantasy! In real life, it's foolish to expect anything like in those books. Okay maybe the way sex is presented, someone likes that, but even there are some unrealistic things like 3,4, orgasams in a day; life is not about sex; love is not just about sex; and men usually don't change for a girl just like that...

• But why is it ideal for men to be arrogant and rich?

• To me, it's not. If I was Anastasia, I would run far far far away from him. I love normal people, kind, not some freak-control guys; so, I think it's just in books, and life is sth else, that's it.

• I've read fifty shades of darker and fifty shades of freed too! Awesome. And I like that kind of arrogant guy. And also very protective

• Women like what they like. Maybe Christian Grey just has some things to work out and isn't actually arrogant as the reader thinks he is. (I don;t really know. I never read the books) I guess women are just attracted to power and control.

• Yes? and? it's not their life its your. date who you want. read what you want