Guys, Take the risk and tell him how I feel or just keep quiet and hope it passes?

We're basically best friends and yes I've caught feelings for him. Really I'm just looking for motivation to tell him how I feel. I know deep down I should but every time I get close to bringing it up and chicken out and don't tell him. Is it worth me telling him how I feel? Would y'all want to know if your best (girl) friend had started developing feelings for you?

7

Most Helpful Guy

• i can share my experience with you. there was a girl who was a friend of mine who started to develop feelings for me ( to be honest she was cute) but was too shy to ask. so she started giving me the signs of her thoughts about me. she also said it to her best friend whichmade it sure that i got her message. then i made a polite conversation about how i didn't want any relationships then (and even now). though she didn't got success, she doesn't have any regrets of not asking me out and yes, we are still friends. So even if you are 125% sure of rejection, do ask. you dont want to live with regrets after all.

What Guys Said 6

• Get this scenario in your head: Three years from now, you're looking back and reminiscing about now, wondering why you never told him. He eventually hooked up with somebody else and got married and everybody you dated just didn't measure up. How's that feel? Wanna live with that the rest of your life?

• Take the risk! Think of the reward! (and consequences)

From my personal experiences, it never just "pass" unless she got a boyfriend or did something that piss me off lol.

• The question should be:
    "How good or bad do I see our life together if they were to accept or deny the request?"
    Very good and special candidates for marriage worth the risk more than just-ok or friendly people.

• If you really like him that much, just keep in mind it might make things awkward. But, If he's really as special as you think he is he'll try to make things comfortable for you even if you tell him.

• I would definitely want to know. But when you tell him, just make sure he knows you're OK with it if he doesn't feel the same way back, and that you don't want it to ruin your friendship.

• Are you prepared for the possibility that the friendship may have to end if he doesn't feel the same way?

If I were in your situation, I would tell him, "I don't want to be just your friend." Leave it at that, and see how he responds.