Online dating experience?

Anyone on here ever had success with online dating?
I feel like there are just A LOT of creeps on online sites and I don't know how to avoid them. I'm looking for a friendship that can build into a relationship but a few of the online dates I've been, the guys act like they are looking for relationships but they just want to hook up. Advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've met a LOT of guys by using online dating sites.
    And what I've learned is this:
    Online dating is hit or miss. And keep in mind that the reason a MAJORITY of those guys are on there, is because they've been unsuccessful at getting a girl IRL because they have some kind of social dysfunction. I know that sounds harsh but it's true. And it's usually some kind of confidence issue that they can't work through.

There are plenty of great guys though who are on there because they work very long hours and don't actually get the CHANCE to meet a nice girl. But keep that in mind if you do decide to date them -he may not always be available due to his work hours.

Basically, just keep in mind that they're on there for a reason. They've either got some personality quirk or they've got major confidence issues

• Oh and yes. A lot of people use those sites to find someone to have sex with. Comes with the territory and if you want to use an online site, you're going to have to wade through that, if you will. And then there are gonna be people who are not who they say they are. Best bet to make sure no one's time is wasted, is to make them go on a video chat with you. If they're not willing to do that, it's a major red flag.

• How about girls? Why are they there, or why were you there for the matter?

• I use online dating because I live in a retirement city... All my coworkers are 30+, and my church has a lot of old people and young people. I'm there to TRY and find someone who I can build a relationship with. Friends bla bla bla go from there.

What Guys Said 4

• I've had no luck. Girls never respond to me. And I'm a guy who's actually looking for a relationship.

• Well I would use it more if girls actually responded to my messages, which I always make respectful and thought out.

Its very frustrating.

• Even if I'm not interested in the guy, and yes I hate to say it but I will judge a book by its cover because it's all I've got to go off of, I usually try and leave a nice uplifting message with them as well. It usually actually goes over well than just ignoring them and having them message me 100 times

• Den1219 I most definitely do not. I HATE when men think that I'll message back to a hi. Nope. I kindly say I'm my interested because a lot of times I'm not interested in what they have on their profile or on their photo content.

• @den1219 Ugh. No. Why would I be complaining if I send shitty messages like that?

• Had about 3 dates and the last one turned into a relationship. Hmm I know there are a lot of creepers, but there are few nice guys as well according to my dates..

• I would love to find some! I try and avoid the men who have the want to date but nothing serious (or anything along those lines) and it's hard because even the guys who say I'm looking for a relationship tried to get laid! I'm not that type of girl and that's NOT what I'm looking for. But I don't know how to avoid it:/

• Well majorities of guys you see are there to get in your pants. Don't get me wrong. I'm not one of them..

• I've come to realize this

• 1|0

What Girls Said 3

• Not my thing. There are way too many creeps online.

• My issue is how do you meet guys when everyone just online dates and hook ups.

• You do it the old fashion way lol. Go out and meet people physically or have a friend introduce you to someone!

• I moved to a new city that's literally a retirement city. But it's good for what I want to do in the future. My coworkers are all 30+

• Most people online are looking for a hook up, I've met so many guys from online and majority of them were hook ups. However I did meet my current boyfriend online and we've been together almost a year (:

• Omg where do you live and how did you find the diamond in the mound of coals? LOL

• It takes a long time of actually getting to know that person and finding chemistry. But I'd say 90% of the guys online are just looking for sex. I live in Northern California.

• I've never had luck. Most of the guys are just douchebags looking to get laid

• Right? They are like I want a relationship than you go on a date and they are like wanna come back to my apt and get drinks? (Uh no!)

• I always mention it in my bio. PSA: not down for casual sex

• Omg I never thought of that! I'm gonna update and see how that goes! But than like I try and be nice to everyone it I mean I definitely want to be attracted to that person. and so if they aren't looking for sex they also aren't physically appealing to me either. And EVERYONE deserves love... But I mean I know what I'm attracted to. Ya know? And they get so mad for being rejected but I can't force attraction.