Is he interested or just being a friend?

i met a guy in my waterpolo class in the fall that I unintentionally fell for. Over the winter break, I added him on fb and messaged him about the class once, to which he replied immediately. We didn't have class together in the winter, so I didn't see him, but we're both taking waterpolo again now.

He seems like a quiet guy. He only interacts with the guys in the class. There aren't many girls in the class, and I haven't seen him talk to any of them. I try to talk to him, and over the past few weeks, he seems to be warming up to me. He cheers me on when I have the ball, calls my name a lot, directs me where to go during the game, and talks to me more during the breaks. He has been a lot friendlier towards me over the past few weeks. Does this mean he likes me? Or does he see me as a friend/one of the guys?

Most Helpful Girl

• Brush it off, move on and don't treat things like your already dating someone, be reserved and don't assume things will always go well with someone, just relax, take chances and if those chances don't pan out then no big deal, not everyone can find you attractive, if he treats you differently then that's on him not you, just don't treat dating so seriously at the start because it's too soon to be getting all serious and hurt over feelings, at the start it's just simply infactuation and you can't base how well things will go or if you will even get on with them with infactuation. All he did though was say he is already has plans, he might not be blowing you off but if he starts acting different in school then he probs don't like you, but it's not the end of the world, be happy.

What Guys Said 3

• Maybe he was genuinely busy and couldn't go this time, but may be interested to do so in the future. It's not like you asked him out on an official date and he said no. Just keep on trying and slowly seeing if he wants to hang out a bit and see where it goes.

I highly doubt he'll act differently towards you.

• He won't. Don't worry about it. My money is on that he's probably pulls his pud thinking about you by now.

• I don't think he "rejected" you. He had plans.

Next class, tell him he missed out. If he doesn't say "let's reschedule" then be done with him.

It's possible he was telling the truth and didn't think fast enough to say "can't tomorrow but can another time".

Worth one more shot.

What Girls Said 2

• He definitely likes you! Though whether its romantic is still not clear but his friendly behavior (that's only become friendlier since you've met him) indicates your friendship has definite potential to turn romantic. Right now he's still getting to know you and the good news is he's liking you even more as he continues to learn more about you. Continue to be your friendly self and you're bound to become closer.

• I would try not to worry. Maybe he didn't necessarily reject you and he did really have plans? I would just try to act casual and not get too stressed, you didn't ask him to dinner or something super obvious so hopefully it won't be awkward. Now that you've asked to hang out the ball is in his court and who knows, maybe he will ask you to hang out