Why does he tell me "bad date" stories about other women?

I connected with a man on Match. com last week, we emailed back-and-forth once, and we have talked on the phone and/or texted a lot every day since. But sometimes when we're talking he will tell "bad date" stories about other women he has gone out with. They are typically about a girl who is not smart. I think intelligence is very important to him. I have a Masters. But I don't know if he tells me these stories because I compare favorably to the other dates, or if he's putting me in the friend zone, or if he wants to make sure I know that he is sought after and attractive to other women, or if he is simply comfortable talking to me. I live in TN, and he lives in AL, so we have not met yet, but we have already said that we want to. He also - jokingly - mentioned that we should get married. Several times. Thoughts?

• Does he tells me these "bad date" stories because I compare favorably to the other dates?
  • Does he tells me these "bad date" stories because he's putting me in the friend zone?
  • Does he tells me these "bad date" stories because he wants to make sure I know that he is sought after and attractive to other women?
  • Does he tells me these "bad date" stories simply because he's comfortable talking to me?
  • Is there another reason?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's probably a combination of A and D. He likes you and values your opinion enough to tell you about the craziness of past dates. It's not the best topic to bond over but everyone has horror stories from dating online.

What Guys Said 1

• I think that he is hinting that he values intelligence, and wants you to know of the bad traits he finds in women to let you know of his tastes. But, I am only 21, so I may not have enough experience on the matter.

What Girls Said 1

• good luck, miss!