Girls, how important is it for a guy to hold a conversation with you? What do you look for?


0|0
16

Most Helpful Girl

  • Very important ofcourse. What else should I do with him?
    Be a good listener and ask questions. A little while ago I was talking to this guy who wanted to hit on me and he kept on telling what he had been through with clubbing and talking about people I don't know. It was horrible, because I couldn't leave. When he went to the toilet I left immediately haha.
    Comment on things she says like "yeah, I agree!"
    NEVER ever ever brag about things. That's a huge turn-off. We don't want to know what kind of car you have or that you make a lot of money. It really makes us feel like you think we're shallow gold diggers. Which most of us are not.

    0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 15

  • Haha IMMENSELY important. If I plan on getting in to a relationship with this guy, I have to be on the same level as him, intellectually of course. And in order to find this out, we must be able to converse with each other comfortably. 20% of a relationship is typically physical, but the other 80% is usually where those heart-to-heart, deep conversations take place.

    I would personally look for a guy who is able to open up, tell me things he wouldn't usually be able to tell anyone else. But at the same time, he would need to be a good listener-- balancing the uses of both his mouth and his ears. Some girls would prefer their significant others to have a "filter", but I'd rather have a guy who tells me how it is. Not the type who beats around the bush. But yeah, everybody has different tastes.

    0|0
    0|0
  • Very. I mean looking nice is great and important as well, but if I'm bored out of my mind with you, we're not going to go far.

    0|0
    0|0
  • It is very important if this guy is going to be friend or boyfriend material. Like minded people tend to group together so for me interesting conversation topics include music, drugs, government, entertainment (like tv shows and movies), hobbies, diet and exercise, extra terrestrials, nature, something funny, past memories, or anything that someone can educate me about.

    0|0
    0|0
  • It's the most important thing honestly, have good meaningful conversations about anything

    It doesn't have to be a topic I'm interested in, if he's passionate about it then I would be happy to listen and share my opinion or ask questions too

    Communication and respect is a priority

    0|0
    0|0
  • It's very important. If he can't get a conversation going on, I would think that he isn't that good at handling anything. Any girl would lose interest in him no matter how good looking he is. The guy needs to be a good listener and needs to appreciate my thoughts to get a good out come too. And I'd do just the same. :)

    0|0
    0|0
  • Super important. For me, he needs to be able to have an intelligent conversation and keep it going. The only way a long term relationship with last is if he has the ability to communicate and converse. It's always a great thing if he can add some humor when appropriate as well :)

    0|0
    0|0
  • Extremely important, I'm a rather quiet person but very chatty with friends, so if I can't even be friends with a guy, there'll never be anything more. Unless its just a booty call or something.

    0|0
    0|0
  • It's important that he knows how to listen, and yes, ask her questions (not too many) when she talks... I love when I can talk about anything with him, I love when he is talking about stuff I don't know well, I know when we always try to understand each other (like maybe it's not my opinion, but I respect yours, and I consider it as well); don't pretend you are mr-know-it-all, and BE HONEST, and KIND, it like so so so important.

    0|0
    0|0
  • Very important. I look for similar interests and how he responds to me

    0|0
    0|0
  • i like when a guy holds conversation if he doesn't it makes me feel like he doesn't want to talk to me and i dont look for anything , just talk :)

    0|0
    0|0
  • Very important and I just want someone I don't feel bored or nervous talking to

    0|0
    0|0
  • Very. I don't mind if he's nervous. But if you can't talk to me there's no point tbh.

    0|0
    0|0
  • I just look for him to be funny, nice, and to be open and honest, but not too Open

    0|0
    0|0
  • It's pretty important. If a guy and I are talking and then the conversation goes dead it gets pretty awkward. I look for a guy that can make me laugh and is overall a sweet person.

    0|0
    0|0
  • Very important; I want someone I can talk to for ages and ages.. And as an introvert I value intimate connections way above having lots of more superficial ones; I want to feel close to him basically

    1|0
    0|0
Loading...