Do you think that in the next 10 years or so?

Do you think that in the next 10 years or so women will be paying for dates with no problem? Me and my boyfriend were talking about this and he said, "with the way society and gender roles are shifting the vast majority women will start paying for dates in the next 10 years." Do you think that is true?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• It's certainly possible!

What Guys Said 7

• Some will, but I don't think the 'male pay' bias will be gone. It might continue to fade slightly, as it has been for decades.

• I think we're moving towards going dutch (splitting the bill), but I doubt it'd go the other way. It would feel like we're moving away from gender equality then.

• Pay guy's food u mean? It already happens in some cases basically...

• In a relationship I think girls pay sometimes already. I pay for most of the dates but occasionally my girlfriend will want to and I'm not going to say no lol... now if you're talking about first date type scenarios I don't think so.

• men will always rule the world so im not bothered

• no.

people have already pretty much stopped going on dates

guys don't want to pay for whole thing. women don't wanna pay even half

• I doubt it. Whether they admit it or not, most women are still old-fashioned, even if they have to nudge the occasional guy into asking them out.

What Girls Said 7

• I sincerely hope so. However, realistically, I think it will take longer for more positive attitudes towards women to take root in our society at large.

• I have paid for more dates than I have had dates paid for me so I've been there already.

• They do it now.

• Its always ok for men to be shallow on looks and not ok for women to be shallow for money. This just gets me. Maybe but expect women to at least to have higher expectations in the looks department, guys can't have it all.

• I disagree. women like meghan trainor have torn down barriers of male judgement on body image, like being skinny

• I guess anything is entirely possible! :)

• Gender roles will always stay the same. Feminism isn't even about gender roles. There has always been more advantages for men and feminism just made it so there are advantages for women too.

• Gebder roles have always been changing including the change of going from not having then to having them.

Feminism is about human rights not privileges or advantages.

• I hope I will have a boyfriend and be established in my dream job!