I feel like my boyfriend is holding me back. What do I do?

Hello guys. So I've came across a problem. Me & my boyfriend have been in a relationship for 1 year. Things are pretty good.. Sometimes. He's a controlling person. He has never hit me or yelled at me, but he limits me on things I can do. I am 16 he's 16... For instance, I've been in a strict family my whole life I have never tried anything. I hve earned a bit if freedom, & have wanted to try some types of drugs. I know the consequences, & I know it's bad for you. I've tried weed, which he will only let me smoke with him. If I smoke with anyone else he gets mad. I want to drink, which he only lets me do with him. I've been wanting to try LSD, but like I said, he won't let me. I guess he can't physically MAKE me not do it, but will be VERY mad if I do it. I'm not sure what I can do. I'm not going to leave him. Even his friends have told him he needs to let me live a little that it's ok to try things. I won't have the advantage of doing drugs every day that's why I want to do It at least once

Yeah my thinking might be wrong but it's my life. I understand he doesn't want me to get hurt. But he has tried a lot of things before we were a couple. I don't see anything wrong with me wanting to try something! I feel like he's holding ME BACK from trying new things & I dont know what to do!

Most Helpful Girl

• Is he intentionally keeping you from doing things he does himself? If so, that's super hypocritical. If he is OK with you smoking weed and drinking with him, he is out of line getting mad at you for doing those things without him. You are your own person and you can make your own decisions.

Personally, I don't think you should try LSD. I know a lot of people who have and a few of them have some pretty nasty flashbacks. If you're really interested in trying a hallucinogen, try magic mushrooms. They're tonnes of fun and not nearly as risky.

What Guys Said 2

• Actually you are an idiot.. you don't understand what's right and wrong... You boyfriend does.. And you can't say those things like it's my life and i can do whatever i wasn't when you are in a relationship...

If i was him... then i would dump you.. Cause you are way too immature... You shouldn't even be in a relationship

• I think he is wise and has a point.

What Girls Said 2

• you are obviously ready to move on.

• I understand where you're coming from with the whole strick background and that you want to experience life but it seems to me that he cares. He just doesn't want you to be around the wrong people when your experimenting.