Depressed about single life and not having any luck with girls. whats wrong with me?

I'm 22, halfway decent looking guy (or id like to think) and for as long as I've been desiring a relationship or someone to call my own.. I've had little to no luck meeting someone or even getting laid. I don't care about sex as much as I do just having A girlfriend. But I just can't seem to catch a break and meet somebody who will give me a chance and it's depressing. Im tired of being single, its getting bad.. i just want what everyone else has. The worst part is having friends years younger than me who have nothing but success getting girls, I have two friends who are 18 and one of them has a girlfriend my age who I was told is attractive. My friends are always joking about their sexual encounters with girls they make it look easy. It makes me want to cry because I can't even get a girl to check me out. They're in high school so I'm assuming that's why it's easy for them.. i never went to high school (home school) and i regret it cause i missed out on so much. I have few friends (real friends) and I'm an introvert and my social skills are bad. I have a hard time sometimes conversing with someone like i can't think of something to say or I'll say something that makes me look stupid. That doesn't help one bit. I hate being shy. I hate feeling bitter. If i could just meet someone who would give me a chance to get to know me and see that I'm caring and just want someone to love, i would probably feel quite better. At least i wouldn't feel like shit like i am right now cause my problem with chicks wouldn't be a problem anymore. I wouldn't get jealous of my friends for having fun and doing something thats normal that humans do. But i haven't met that someone yet and it's eating me alive. :(

I don't want my next birthday to roll through still having this problem. But i got little hope :(

5

Most Helpful Girl

• It's okay dude. There are guys waaaaay older than you are who haven't dated anyone. I've never even had my first kiss even though I'm younger than you. I don't think I'm completely hideous either, but maybe you're trying with the wrong girls. You being homeschooled could affect you social skills. I'm homeschooled right now and my social skills have decreased. [Maybe we could become friends?] You should try becoming involved in community activities or joining different clubs or something. If you join an organization for something you're into, you just might meet a girl who you know is definitely interested in the same things as you so asking her out could be a bit easier because you'll already have something to talk about. You could also try online dating.

• Yup I've tried online dating it's hard I prefer just meeting people on chat rooms.. I don't know what things I could join where I could meet a girl I was thinking about church but my friend said church girls don't like dating. Thanks, and homeschooling sucks doesn't it?

• Yea, I've gotten so behind homeschooling and two of my internet friend are redoing an entire year. Chat rooms are fun for little talks but one one is ever serious but for online dating u could just use different social apps rather than typical dating sites/apps. Most "church girls" would date, they usually just want a well-mannered guy. Does your friend even go to church or is he just going off of stereotypes? I'm sure you could meet a lovely girl at a church but she probably won't date you if you're only at a church to pick up girls.

What Girls Said 4

• Man, your not the problem... Don't think down on yourself... All you need to do is go on dating sites or open up your eyes and get with the neighbours who might be able to hook yourself up with... Never give up hope... You have the love of my +3000 followers and friends... Best wishes... You have good intentions... Remember there is always away...( not keening suicide)*meening*, suicide is for quitters... You can do it!!! Take a step outside, feel the warmth of the sun, tell yourself everything is ok and you have +3000 people on your side... BELIEVE...

• You sound like such a nice guy but just shy. Have you tried online dating? It might be easier for you to talk to text before meeting up. Its not that scary if you follow your instincts and just use common sense. Message me if you want to talk.

• Thanks for the offer, it would be nice to have someone to talk with about this.. But I can't message you on GAG cause you need to be xper level 2 to send messages (which is stupid) if you'd like you can email me at skwn1@live. com

Hopefully staff doesn't delete my response before you get this. Sharing contact info is against rules for some reason.

• Same boat here.

• I'm in the same boat. I thought I was with a guy kind of recently, but he is constantly blowing me off and I haven't heard from him in over a month. Guess that's that.
    If you are shy, like others said, dating sites might be the best way to go. This way, the girl can know your personality. The first meeting (or few) might be a bit awkward, but hopefully she will understand and you can open up more. That's when things can develop. If she's shy, too, you both just need patience and understanding... good communication is key.

What Guys Said 3

• www.reactiongifs.com/r/2012/12/tiniest_violin.gif

Not everyone has somebody. There are plenty of people, older than you that are still searching for someone to love and love them back. Yes it's easier for others to get women than others but don't let that get you down. You just have to keep going about your life and hopefully someone will catch your eye or they catch you.

• I feel your frustration. I can help you with that. What I'm hear is someone who is letting self-consciousness interfere with getting to know females. Know that you are worthy of a relationship and define what you're looking for.

• Be more aggresive in asking people out. throw the shy guy away! U dont want to be stuck with porn and ur hand foreever. The worst thing that could happen is she says no well onto the nxt one