Guys what would you think about a movie date - to watch New Moon (Twilight)?

I'm 20, like this guy who's the same age, we're sort of friends, but not quite up to the stage where we hang out alone together outside of university classes. I don't see him anymore as I've finished uni, but I have him as a friend on Facebook (we've talked a bit on Facebook).

I've been given two free tickets to a special pre-screening of New Moon (Twilight) at a luxury cinema (it's got a bar and gourmet food). Would it be OK if I asked this guy out to watch it with me? I know Twilight isn't a movie most guys would want to watch and I'm not a huge fan of it either but I'm excited to watch it in a luxury cinema. What would you think of it if a girl asked you on such a date?

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't go by me. I'm a little twisted. I've read the twilight series and I admit they weren't half bad. To preserve my dignity I will say… I didn’t buy the books, they were left around the house by my girlfriend and I have a nasty habit of reading everything. That being said I actually wouldn't mind seeing the movie.

Most guys I'm sure would definitely go whether they wanted to see the movie or not if they liked the girl. Don't worry about him thinking bad because you asked him to go to the premier of twilight. You’re a girl and your expect you to do such things. It’s nothing abnormal.

MY opinion, not yours.

Cheers.

What Guys Said 8

• I'd say most guys would probably groan silently about it, but yeah, if we're into a girl then we'll go because it will make her happy. And you've got plenty of other reasons too (free tickets!) so go for it! Just make sure you ask him out ON A DATE so he doesn't think he's just going with you as friends. Friends might not be enough cause for him to go.

I'd also say you should do something before or afterwards that's more geared towards him and provides time to chat. Even something as simple as a walk would be good. Hope it goes well!

• If I liked her, sure I would go. I probably wouldn't enjoy the movie, but free food I never turn down.

• Wouldn't hurt. Saw the first one and wasn't too impressed but I'm already planning on going to New Moon just because a girl asked me too. So he might go as long as you ask him

• She asked you out on a date?

• Pretty much. Us two alone. At a movie. I went to see one movie with her already in which she was trying to make a move but got too nervous so who knows

• I think movie dates for a first date is a terrible idea in general. However if you are both fans of the series then it makes sense. Otherwise it's just two people sitting with no interaction for 90minutes.

• I would try to change the plans.. maybe go to dinner and skip the movie.. if you wana go because you got free tickets then ask someone you don't want to have a relationship with... but you never told us if you like this guy or not.

• Do it! as regularguy said, I don't think movies are great for a first date, but if it's free and luxury, go for it. Plus because it's New Moon, you know he'd be going for your company rather than the movie, and if he's stupid enough to say no because its New Moon, then you know he's not that into you. You've got nothing to lose.

• Sounds nice. I don't see the problem. Invite him and have fun ;).

• Well it would not be my first choice or second.. or third but if she really wanted to see it I would, then she'd have to see a movie I would like

• Yeah I get what you mean hahah, it wouldn't be my first or second choice either...but since the tickets are for that movie I might as well watch it. You wouldn't get a bad impression about a girl if she asked you to watch Twilight with her?

• Because I'm almost 21 hahah, not quite a teenager anymore... and not sure if I wish to be associated with teenyboppers

• Its fine. I'll tell you a secret I've actually read the books, don't tell anyone, they were my older sisters. But just like the harry potter movies these one I dislike on the bacis that they are just poorly written and directed and acted cash cows.

What Girls Said 1

• Well I see that this question is direted to guys, but if I were a guy I kinda feel a bit insulted. But that's probably because I hate twilight, but if the guy agrees then good for you, but if I was a guy you'd have to tie me, put a gun to my head, and drag into the theater chain me to the seat and duck tape my mouth because I will be bashing it in the theater, I hate it that much. well unless you have a milion dollars then I'll go.