Can a man win a girl's heart if he works hard enough?

Or is it merely a painful exercise in futility?

I met a girl at school who completely blew my mind. I desire her more than anything and she occupies my mind so much that I cannot even think about or acknowledge other girls. When I looked into her eyes she lit up something in my spirit that I cannot explain, it was as if a flashlight was shined upon the deepest part of my soul. I felt that her soul was crying out for me even though her mind told her not to because she had a boyfriend so I respectfully retracted my flirtatious advances upon learning of her relationship, but for months now I keep thinking about her and even dreaming about her. I am willing to do whatever it takes to let myself into her heart. I pray to god every day that someday our spirits will come together again. I feel ignited with energy, passion, and a drive to try and win her, something I have never felt for any girl before.

Most Helpful Guy

• See, that's where our culture is completely incorrect. You don't "win" a girl's heart.

They're either attracted to you, or they're not. And if they are attracted to you, then they either like you as a person, or not. And if both conditions are met and they are interested in a relationship, THEN there's a chance for something to happen.

p. s.: Infatuation isn't all that special, although I do admit it's a great feeling.

• This is something deeper than infatuation as crazy as it sounds, there was a resonance between us that I can't really explain, and I have had crushes on many girls before her. She just had a different effect on me.

• Well of course, physical appearance, behavior and overall perceived style contribute to the feeling, just as much as anything you know about her for example values and way of thinking

• There are some things in life that can't be explained or understood, this attraction I have is one of them. You can't pinpoint its source, you can't measure it, you can't rationalize it, it just simply exists.

What Girls Said 2

• That's beautiful! Good luck,

Just be honest and do your best!

• If you have to work super hard then it's not worth it

What Guys Said 6

• Kind of, If you try idolize her like a diamond statue in a muesuem exhibiton.
    She will definitely succumb eventually...

I had this, now I'm not the most attractive guy or alpha male myself, but i was so infatuated in my crushes, that they then start to acknowledge me and talk to me, and smile at me...

I think they were somewhere inbetween contemplating the possibilty of me, Just because i stare at her with such desire and think the world of her...

Secondly i like to say that their menstrual cycle plays a part, studies have shown during their ovulation period they want their players and badboys types, but after their peroid, they will consider lesser guys, if your're sweet and romantic enough for them

• Have you ever worked super hard and someone just elect you to be president of the world? No? Same thing.

• If they don't like you initially it probably won't happen. I mean, it's possible but highly unlikely. She probably didn't feel any of that crap you described yourself feeling. You are infatuated not in love there is a difference.

• No she should like u as much as u like her. If u have to work for it move on.

• I won't, you call it moving on, I call it giving up, and I don't back down from anything in life, no matter what the stakes are. Call me stupid, but its who I am, I will find a way to defy the odds and make it work if I have to. If I want something in life, I will find a way to get it and nothing can stop me.

• Well u misunderstood what I said. Stuff is easy. People are hard. The only advice I can give u is be honest with yourself and trial and error. As long as you are honest with yourself you can never be wrong.

• Trial and error.

• no, females think we're pathetic if we try to fight for them.

plus who fights for a girl? there are millions of them. We aren't in a female famine.

• No not always