When is it being unrealistic?

I'm a virgin that's waiting for marriage and I'm religious so I never going to date a non virgin even if they were the last person on earth I can't get over the fact that they been with somebody other then me and I'n giving my whole self to them and it disgust me to no ends!
I get told I'm not being fair how is it not fair I feel like I'm being treated as a prize to be won or a Redemption phase!

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it is unrealistic. Here are some problems:
    (1.) What if the guy lost there virginity after marriage before but divorced because his wife cheated. Would it be fair to eliminate him even though he felt the same way?
    (2.) What if a guy has only had sex in a committed realtionship and only does it with someone he trusts? He respects you and your body, while maybe a virgin guy that is willing to wait until marriage won't.

I can understand wanting to wait until marriage, not wanting a partner that's been around a lot, and wanting someone who tales sex seriously. However, the world doesn't follow ideals and perfections, and sometimes compromises have to be made. If I were you, I wouldn't discredit a good partner just because he isn't a virgin. Waiting until marriage is fine but would you rather be with a virgin guy that treated you half-assed or a non-virign that was loyal to you for life?

What Guys Said 5

• It's not being unrealistic, just a much difficult lifestyle. There are not a lot of religious virgins out there that also believes in the tradition of marriage before sex, however I have the utmost respect for those kind of people because there aren't many at all. I'm Catholic and I lost mine very quickly. Do I regret it, No but my parents have always wanted me to wait until marriage before sex as well. I choose a different lifestyle than the one they want because at the end of the day, that decision is yours and yours alone to make and no one else. I'm not saying you should disavow for any of your beliefs, but just be patient and sooner or later, the right guy will come knocking on your door because things have a way of working themselves out.

• Only date religious people then. Still, thats not a guarantee they'll be a virgin.

When you set high standards, you weed out a lot of potential partners.

• Get a good old homeschooled rural Christian boy.

• what you want right now is unrealistic.

• Find someone equally brainwashed by religion and you'll find a guy who meets your requirements. I wouldn't recommend secular places to meet people. Go to church. You'll probably have to do the approaching yourself, since he won't know anything about dating or woman. Odds are he'll also have antiquated and misogynistic views, but that goes with the territory of your requirements.

What Girls Said 4

• There is nothing wrong with wanting to wait until marriage but to look down on someone just because they have had sex is wrong. After all there is no guarantee that you will stay married to the man that you give your virginity to so that would make you disgusting as well and you would not want anyone to see you that way if you would have to go into the dating world again. The only one treating you like a prize to be won is yourself because you don't feel that a guy is worthy of you if he is not a virgin.

• I understand that, even though I'm not religious. Stick to your own values. You're going to regret it if you don't.

• Get some who reflects your vaules and thinks like you. Trust me your not only one out here how shares that sentiment

• Hmmmm this is actually normal to me, your just being selective, which is good for you and your faith, guys are just mad because they can never have you if they aren't virgins. But I am a religious person as well... so yeah haha you will get many different comments I believe