Why are all my friends getting married and I'm still single?

I'm 24 this year and never been in a relationship. I feel like time is flying and everyone around me is either dating or getting married. I'm nice and do everything for others, yet I can't find a man to share my life with. It's ironic how they say only beautiful girls have bfs when I've seen girls who are overweight, selfish, fake and mean have bfs. It's like I only attract guys who just want to have fun and are just looking for something casual, but when the next girl comes along they get into a relationship with her. Can someone tell me why this is, I'm abit confused.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 7

• All good things take time... i was like you... getting older and not finding anyone. Most of the girls i met we as you describe. Eventually i found her... and when she finally opened up to me and started to trust me... i made her my entire world. Patience is key... plus i feel modern men are also less confident on the inside which makes it harder for girls. I do know one thing for sure though... if you rush... just to be in a relationship with someone... it will leave your heart broken making even less approachable... trust me good guys take notice and hopefully they can have to courage to come up to you and look into your eyes and say... i really do like you... but i wish you all the best

• I know exactly how you feel, I think the same way most days as I see all of my friends in happy, loving relationships and here I am still alone, although I don't attract women for even casual relationships, and I really wouldn't want one of those anyway, but I get where you're coming from. My guess as to why your friends are getting married is perhaps they put themselves out there more, maybe they play a more proactive role in finding relationships. I'm very backward and I think that's one of my biggest problems. So perhaps if you got out more, looked for guys who want something more meaningful it'll happen for you sooner.

• I'm 25 and single all my life but I went to a Christian school where all those really Christian really white people got married at 22. Now all my friends are married and have babies and I'm still a bachelor I don't get Americans...
    I don't think you're weird. You may be smarter and prettier and kinder than those couples. The right man will find you at your own time.

• All I can say is that as I'm getting older I realize I need to pay attention to my own individual situation and not compare myself too much to others. Are you willing to get a boyfriend now? Or do you want to wait still for something else?

• i don't know if I can tell you much but the majority of older women I've met have a crap tone of standards and age limitations like they would only date a guy 1 year younger or only older guys

• Maybe I should ask that, and I'm 30.

• I am looking for a nice lady, you wanna go out?

• you dont sound like having the best character your self but i'd date you. questionn is, is it YOU that repel guys with your unrealistic standards?

What Girls Said 1

• Don't look at every one else. Its likely that you know what you want and that's why you haven't found it yet. Remember that the goal isn't to get married or be at the same place as everyone else. The goal is for you to be happy and I can guarantee that you won't be happy marrying anyone and that's why you haven't. Just give it time and enjoy yourself. Seriously, enjoy being single! I'm 21 and some of my friends have babies, others have been in long term relationships since school and others are moving into there own houses. Im not ready for any of that. I am also single and consider it a good thing because I haven't just settled with someone. Best of luck!