Dating a Friend ?

So, my friend asked me to go to dinner, I hadn't seen him in a couple of years but we happened to bump into each other on a dating website we were both on. Kinda funny. I wasn't sure if we were going out as old buddies or if he had asked me out on a date. He is only a year younger and he had always told me how he thought I am attractive and he was always a big flirt. But I figured that's just him. throughout the whole night I felt so weird cause I wasn't sure how I was supposed to act it was kinda awkward but I relaxed toward the end, and he got out of his car to give me an hug and he kissed me on my cheek and I was like yea friends kiss friends on the cheek so I went to kiss him on the cheek then I got tongue in my mouth, I kissed back, I am not saying I didn't like it. I am just asking is it bad to date a friend? He knows everything good and bad about me.

Most Helpful Guy

• I signed up for this site to ask a similar question. I had a great date with a friend I hadn't seen in years. To make a long story short. We are really hitting it off. Though we've only had a few dates, everything is going really well. I don't know what's going to happen, but I'm happy I told her I didn't want to be friends.

What Guys Said 2

• Technically you'll eventually reveal anything that's good or bad about you in any romantic relationship. If you two were compatible friends before, it should be good for you.

• If he knows everything about you that's good because he likes you for who you are dah.

Anyway, why would you want to hide anything? You can always change the bad.

What Girls Said 2

• well. he's going to be more than a friend. I'd only kiss a guy on the mouth or even cheek if he's my boyfriend. so I mean, it isn't exactly bad or good, depends on how things go. the best thing to do is to take it slow because you probably haven't seen him for a while. see how things are with him and get to know the guy a bit and things should be good.

• it's cool dating a friend it's better