Is being lonely a bad reason to look for a relationship?

I've been feeling lonely lately and kinda want a girlfriend. I've never had on but now that I'm lonely I really want a girlfriend and can't wait for someone more special. Will I regret it?

Most Helpful Girl

• It is wiser to be on your own and wait for the right person , than just settling for anyone. Being in the wrong relationship can make you feel more alone and unhappy than being single. If you can wait for someone special then it shows you are strong enough to be independant, instead of relying on someone else for your happiness. Be patient and wait for what you deserve.

• Thanks for MHO!

Just remember, you will never find the right person if you settle for the wrong one. Good Luck!!

What Girls Said 2

• Not a bad reason just don't tell any potential dates. It might come off as desperate.

• No it isn't, that's why some lonely people get Into relationships

What Guys Said 3

• yeah, cause it reeks of desperation. and thats bad. you could be taken advantage of in that state

• True, I didn't think of that

• True gotta keep my eyes open. Luckily girls don't pursue me so I usually don't have to worry.

• Hmmmm :P

• As guy, it pisses me off that being needy, desperate, affects us worse than it does girls when it comes to attracting someone of the opposite sex, and since we are expected to actively pursue girls, be the initiators, it makes it feel like a damn paradox of damned if you do, damned if you don't

• I think that's the main motivation for most people.