"I never wanted anything serious, I just wanted to use her and... Is he trying to use my friend?

There is this fresh guy in my school. My best friend loves him like crazy. Almost all the girls in her dormitory knew this and one foolish went ahead to tell him. My cousin, John overheard the conversation and went to meet him later. The fresh guy told John that he wanted to just use her and dump her. He never wanted anything serious. They (best friend and fresh boy) have been friends all these while and few things were going between them that was why he made that statement. When he learnt that my friend liked him, he started going closer to her. Telling her sweet things. He does everything a guy who loves a girl will do. Although there is another girl in the picture. This girl, gina loves him. And i know that things are goin on between them. Recently she updated a status "l'll never stop loving you" and the fresh boy updated "girl you are the one i want to want me". Should i advice my friend to give up on him or to still hold on. She is very emotional . If he breaks her heart she break down. What should i do?

Most Helpful Girl

• ''she keeps having her eyes closed'', she doesn't want to admit, to face it that her crush is THAT type of person. In my point of view, you should keep warning her but don't try too hard, she may feel irritated or even ''push you away''. If you could say to your friend John talk to him (if they're friends maybe) and convince him that this is not right it could help. Otherwise, if you know that Gina and that boy are hanging out somewhere specifically, why don't you try to go out with your best friend and ''incidentally'' see them. This would definitely open her eyes. For sure. If she stills doesn't get it, stop saying things for him. I know that you'll still bother and care about your friend's psychological health and her emotions but hey, just do it. Because you tried, you really did. And she just didn't want to listen. But after this boy has played and dumped her, who will be there for her? You, only you. And yes, she will break down and cry but then she will realize that you were the one that advised her not to associate with him and mainly the one that for sure cares about her because you will be the cry shoulder. She will appreciate all this. But see it as the last resort, of course. Try the first options. Hope I helped;)

What Guys Said 2

• Avise her, tell her what you heard. If you don't and she get involved with him, things are gonna be much worse.

• tell her what you heard. dont hide anything from her.

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah I would tell her to spare her from some heartbreak. Of course it's going to hurt at first, but at least she won't have to feel the pain of being used and dumped by someone you're in love with.

• You guessed it. Tell your best friend.