Am I not likable enough?

Stranger or familiar, whenever I talk to girls they respond positively/nicely, which made me think I'm a likable person but all the girls I've met have either become friends or close friends, nothing more. I guess I'm a likable person but not likable enough to appeal more than just a friend?

P. S. I'm a little shy so I have a hard time making a move but if I were likable I guess someone should have made a move by now? I'm not expecting anything from anyone or showing any frustration but wondering about my ownself.

Most Helpful Girl

• I hate hearing the term "nice guys finish last". This is not necessarily true. I'd love me a nice guy. Either you're being too nice and the girls think you are friendzoning them or, and as shallow as this sounds, you are not boyfriend material. Even though people say looks don't matter, they do. Girls have to find something attractive about you or they will not seem interested. It's mean to think about but it's honest.

• Hmm.. Thanks for the help! :)

What Girls Said 3

• The problem here is that you're TOO likable.

• You seem like a good guy. But it could be that your shyness gets in the way. maybe if you put yourself out there a little more you might surprise yourself on how girls will flock to you :)

• Let's see what you look like. Some people can be super friendly but look unfriendly

What Guys Said 3

• This is why you look for hints before talking to women you're interested. If I see any possibility that she may be into me, then I get to know her. If you're just going up to her without any signs of interest, then she's just going to think you want to be her friend. There's nothing wrong with going up to girls and being friendly, but don't do it if aren't getting any signs from her. I had a woman chasing me because I was avoiding her, but now I'm the one chasing her :-). It's true, sometimes mystery does attract strange enough. If you're a likable person, that's a great thing to have. Just make sure you're stay yourself when going up to women you think are interested in you.

• You're likeable to someone, but they may be in Vietnam right now.

Also, just work on your confidence and feeling comfortable with yourself.

• do they compliment u about yer looks dude? or not?

• Never by themselves, when I wear a new outfit or get a new haircut and I ask them, I look great they say.

• dude... NEVER do this ;-)

u might sound that u r fishin 4 compliments basically...;-)