Dating in college?

So how does dating in college work? is it mostly hookups or do people actually get serious partners? also is it easy to get a person that wants to be commited in a relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the college. The Niche colleges website has average ratings from students on whether relationships on campus are long term or hookups.
    For example the uni I'm going to says this about what kind of relationships people have had:
    45% None
    14% Long distance
    10% casual dating at school
    Etc.

What Guys Said 5

• People become more adult like. Instead of going back to your parents house you go back to your dorm room. You have to worry about roommates rather than parents. There's less gossip because universities are so big. As a couple you stick together more and care less what other people think because they're all so busy with their own studies. Since you're so busy yourself you have less time (and money) to go on romantic dates. That's about it...

• Don't know if its changed since I was in but people generally either didn't date or just had casual hookups. Only a few were in real relationships.

• You mean like in college dorms and parties?

• With those type of dorms, people tend to party a lot and have plenty of hook ups with one another. But if it was simply a regular college, it doesn't happen as often.

• I went to Vancouver Career College which is in BC by the way.. and there are 4 different classes taking the same courses for LPN which consists of about 90 people. We each have our own group for studies and projects and from time to time party every week or every other week which of course leads to hook ups and sex, but never really a committed relationship of some sort. It's more of a casual thing.

• 90 people all together*

• I wanna know myself causw i will be going into a nursing program later this year

• its just sex pretty much

• Which one? What college did you go to?

• I just went to different colleges and it was always the same study party drugs sex video games no matter which one I went too it didn't change

What Girls Said 2

• From what i've seen it's just like high school, immature kids hooking up and drinking, nothing really changes in college like people say except more homework and more freedom but that's it...

• Dont date in college. Get your degree, meet other types of people, work, stay focused. Dont go boy/girl crazy in short.