My best guy friend likes me and I may like him too, but its complicated?

My best guy friend has had an on and off crush on me for a couple of years now. In between that two of my friends had major crushes on him, but he didn't like them back. Last year we both admitted that we liked each other, but, in the interest of not hurting my friends, I said we better not date. He then asked another one of my friends to prom and they ended up dating for eight months. Long story short, now they are broken up and he said that he still has feelings for me. She however still likes him and gets extremely jealous when I even talk to him. She says that he is not paying enough attention to her. She is my friend, and I don't want her to be angry, but him and me go back wayyyy before she came into the picture, so why is it fair that we feel like we can't be around each other because of her? So I need advice on a couple of things. First, is it wrong that I'm still really good friends with him even though she's jealous? Second, should I tell him that I may also i have feelings for him still, even though at this point dating is out of the question? And finally, what can I do to end this drama? I'm not going to hurt my friend by dating him, but she needs to realize that he can talk to other girls!!

Most Helpful Guy

• It really depends on what's more important to you -- the friendship or a potential relationship. Also keep in mind that when you all graduate high school, the relationship is unlikely to survive that transition unless you both end up in the same area after you graduate.

Most Helpful Girl

• Firstly, no, you are not at fault for remaining friends with him, and you absolutely shouldn't give her the power to make you feel guilty! If you want to tell him how you feel, do so. But maybe you should have a talk with your friend first to let her know that you value her friendship and that she's important to you, but that she can NOT dictate who you or your friend chooses to date. Your relationship with your guy friend is your business. Tell her you need to get your feelings off your chest and tell your guy friend your feelings. If he should reciprocate, great; decide what you want to do with the relationship. If he doesn't the problem is hopefully resolved! Let's just say he did like you though. Would you really let your other friend more or less push herself between you and your guy friend? You did nothing wrong. She is still hurting because of their breakup and she's looking to take it out on something or somebody. That is not what a true friend would do. If she wants a shoulder to cry on and an ear that will listen, she should ask. But she's made her intentions clear and she could damage things between you and your bestie. Good luck and follow your heart!

What Guys Said 1

• okay ur 17 eventually she'll be gone once ur done with school

What Girls Said 0