Girlfriend of 3 years cheated?

So my girlfriend since 10/25/12 cheated.. I asked her why and she said these reasons
He complimented her a lot (which i do too)
He treated her how a man should (Which I did)
He was really sweet
Honestly i have no idea what to do.. She is the love of my life I can't stand the thought of losing her...

• Break up
  • Forgive and forget
I fogot to add on that the week she cheated on me was the week i was in the hospital after a tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy

Most Helpful Guy

• Read this and see if it makes sense.
    www.macleans.ca/culture/books/the-two-year-itch/
    50% of women will begin rejecting their partner within 5 years. It doesn't if he's a better man than ever before. It doesn't matter how much she loved him in the beginning. She's instinctively hard-wired to find someone else, once she reaches the use-by date.
    He can be no better than you, or even much worse, and she'll still find him more attractive.

I've learned to only count on a use-by date of about 4 years. Even if they don't cheat, most will shut off affection and begin to make life miserable.

Not all women are like this, but it can be difficult to sort the shit from the clay. It took me about 30 years to work out how.

What Girls Said 7

• Look, if she only needed some compliments and spoiling from another man to cheat on you, you are better off knowing this now so you can leave her in the dust. You don't want to forgive and forget this, you're not a doormat and you deserve better than her bad behavior! A better girl will come along, believe it!

• 1) You remembered the date you two got together? Good man.

2) She's clearly not worth your time because there is NO excuse (save one and she's not in it) in which I believe cheating is allowed.

• Thats not the date we started dating.. Thats the date she first said she loved me the actual anniversary date is 9/3/12 2 days before her birthday.. I know she isn't worth it but honestly i can't imagine life without her.. Yeah she's a liar and a cheater but i would feel lost without her? Is that a good enough reason? Or is it still better to be done with her?

• You need to. How would you like to know that she would simply do it again for those SAME reasons? Find someone better than her.

No. That's not a good reason. I understand how you feel, but you deserve to be treated much better than this.

• sorry to hear about that!! just break up... the reasons she mentioned are excuses

• Three years were quite a long time. Often time, couples go throughout different stages in their relationship. First, it might be the initial excitement of getting to see and know the person; everything about that person is perfect then if things work out, the couples would progress through various other fun and romantic stages. I would say you might in the the "comfortable" and "take other for granted" stage.

If you never ever thought that she would cheat on you, then more likely she isn't the kind of girl who would cheat. It sounds like she misses that "initial excitement" very much. If you really really love her then give her a second chance. Do things that would remind her of those sweet times you guys used to share. Do you remember why was she attracted to you at first?

3 years of relationship isn't easy. It's worth trying to save it. When things are broken, we should try to fix it first before throwing it away.

• break her up.. forgive, never forget what she did but move on.. take it as a lesson to learn.. let her go, you don't deserve to be treated like that..

• Try doing the things she complained about and see if it works to keep her around.

• Oops I presses the wrong button. Anyways you should break up. After you break up try not hold in the angry feelings and let it go. So I'm saying break up with her but after just forgive and move on so you can get into a better relationship. It seems obviously she isn't right for you. You deserve someone better!

What Guys Said 11

• I think you know that you can only expect more of the same if you stick with her. And sooner or later she will just dump you to stay with another guy. By then it will be harder on you. So let your brain overrule your heart because it is your brain that has the right thoughts now.

• if u take her back she won't respect u and break up with u again and u will never get her back if u will want her back. but somehow this person has shown u what she does when she's unhappy thats her behaviour. walk away and never look back if u want a chance w her again however if u get with her again u already know what she will do again when it gets bad she will cheat on you again.

• Those actually are really cold excuses.
    but can you forgive her or not? if not, i'd suggest you leave her now.
    if you can however, give her some thinking space, not like being distance to her.
    either she will stay with you or she will leave you. your choice.

• She did say that a part of her was clearly not happy with your relationship. If you care about her, you have to let her go and move on.

• So if you have a shred of self respect you will dump her ass.

• You're young. If she's already lost interest it's too late. The only time it's worth fixing really is when it impacts other people (kids). Your trust is gone and let me tell you, it won't come back.

• Get a sorry blowjob/Sex then break up with her pretty soon she'll catch herpes by a water fountain

• Get rid of her, she will cheat again

• She is just trying to make her cheating on you more legitimate. Just break up with her. If she cheated on you, she is gonna cheat on you again.

• Ask yourself can you endure this sluttishness?

• You've already lost her to another guy; she cheated on you with him. The relationship was over as soon as she made googly eyes at the other guy; ending it is just a formality at this point. How can you ever trust her again? You can't. How can you have a relationship without trust? You can't. Repeat after me: "I will only stay with a woman who is 100% loyal to me. I have too much self-respect to accept any less."